Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ode to Purple Poppies and Pretty Lilies

Posted by cindysunshine 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 8:22

These are from B&D Lilies Dianna's Purple Annual Poppies love them!! And a couple at peak asiatics, a double yellow and the pink with purple splotches as "Dot Com". Nice way to start the day.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Down the front border..

And this is I BELIEVE the Orienpet "Conca d'Or" described as lemon meringue pie. It is luscious.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ode to Purple Poppies and Pretty Lilies

Pretty as an artist's palette. The purple poppy is stunning, and will you please come do my edging?

o

Wow! Your poppies and lilies are GORGEOUS! I planted some of the same poppy seeds from B&D but they never germinated for me :-(. I will order more from them this fall.

Your yellow lily is beautiful, but it is not 'Conca d'Or'. It looks more like a yellow LA lily. 'Conca d'Or' is much larger in both plant and bloom and has much of the look and poise of an Oriental lily. I have six plants that have buds barely an inch long right now, even though my one LA lily (which I suspect might be 'Salmon Classic') is in glorious full bloom just like yours.

Do you grow any other types of lilies? I have a couple of buds of Lilium regale that just opened this morning. What fragrance! And I have an Asiatic called 'Rosepoint Lace' that I have fallen in love with.

Lilies (and poppies too) are such amazing garden plants. I am always surprised that more people don't grow them.

o

What a garden bed! It goes on forever. And it looks like you grow all of my favorites- irises, daylilies, lilies- I would love to see your garden in person.

The big yellow hybrid lily is luscious. Thanks for posting pics of it.

I planted the same poppy this year. Love the color!
Renee

o

There are several yellow lilies in here the short double asiatics I don't have the name for. The tall very full lemon meringue ones I have in several groupings. They are perfectly marvelous at least 4.5' and are showing signs of spreading lots of small stalks. This is just the 2nd year. I am sure I ordered from John Scheepers / Van Engelon put that one is a real winner. This shot is 10 days ago just starting to bloom on anoth clump.

o

O.M.G.!!!
LOVE that purple poppy.

o

Such a rich purple! Divine! The lilies are also so pretty!

Cameron

o

The foliage alone of the poppy is a treat!

o

Very pretty and I love your front border.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here