Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

I am on my way,,

User
11 years ago

Here is a link to the tale I am writing as I make my way across Canada. I hope you enjoy the read :) We are just getting up and getting ready to set out from Woss BC this AM. We will have 60 miles to Port Hardy and catch the ferry very early tomorrow AM for Prince Rupert. It is already sprinkling rain and upper 40's F. We will have that for the next while. Wish us luck !! I will be updating the story as I can so please do check the link . c

Here is a link that might be useful: Trail's tale

Comments (7)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Oh, good luck, Trailrunner! Hope you have lots of fun along the way. Your pics are so wonderful and I can't imagine prettier country! Food looks great, too. I will be following your trip and feeling envious of your adventure!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Oh drat, I missed your message in the other thread, I haven't been on this forum very much lately due to, well I won't get into that LOL, would loved to have met you in person and have you wade through my weeds. Right now we are pulling things apart and redoing a lot so it really doesn't look like much right now, I have plants heeled in all over the place.
    You would have pedalled right past our place, when you went under the railway overpass in Chase River, you would have seen The Bold Night Restaurant on the right and that looming big yellow tree is mine. Milano's, been there for lunch several times. I knew the people that lived in this house in the 40's and 50's this is the area I grew up in, where the Police station is now is where my Grandfather had his grocery store, of course the store and the house are gone now. Did you get down to the waterfront, very nice little park there.

It's the pits you're having so much rain, unfortunately a wet June seems to be the norm. Enjoy the rest of your journey, wishing you a safe trip and sunny weather.

Annette

• DYH
    11 years ago

Have fun and best wishes for your ride! What an adventurer and athlete!

Cameron

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for the good wishes!! I have updated pics and story at the same links. I sure am sorry I missed you Annette!! we are trying to see as much as possible but can't go off route. I am in Port Hardy at the hostel now and leave this AM for prince rupert on the ferry. I will get more pics! Thank you Cameron, Annette and cyn . c

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    11 years ago

Best wishes for a safe and beautiful journey!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have posted a lot more pics...the sun has been out all day in Prince Rupert and the flowers are magnificent. The columbines are fantastic. The photo bucket link is in the above thread on Deco conversation forum if you want to see. Thank you thyme !!!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've updated a bunch of stuff at the link above. We are headed for Vanderhoof this AM. Wish I had time to read all the threads :( I hope to have a day off in Prince Geourge and catch up c