Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahr0ck

I'm in love with my garden path (plus random bloom pics)

sarahrock
12 years ago

Last fall my hubby and I put in a new stone garden path through my front yard, and now every time I look at it, I fall in love all over again. Here's the view this morning...

{{gwi:688823}}

And here are some other random pics from this morning while I'm at it. Do the rest of you wander around like fools every morning in your yard too? My neighbors must think there's something wrong with me. :)

{{gwi:688825}}

{{gwi:688827}}

{{gwi:688829}}

{{gwi:688830}}

{{gwi:688832}}

Comments (23)

• lefleur1
    12 years ago

If I had a garden as gorgeous as yours I would have a hard time coming back into the house!

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

It's gorgeous! I bet your neighbors want to accompany you!!!

• on_greenthumb
    12 years ago

Yup - the neighbours know I'm a fool though...they have heard "Wanna see the garden" once or twice (a day...LOL not quite, but yeah).....I LOVE your path!!!!!

• serenae
    12 years ago

Such a nice path! I love your plantings too.

I go outside to do *one* thing in the garden, and end up out there for hours, fussing and fawning and zoning out over all the pretties!

• mandolls
    12 years ago

I begin every morning with a slow stroll around the gardens visiting everything, and double checking the (long) list of what still has to be done. My neighbors are used to it. Very nice path!

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    12 years ago

i'm also out there wandering around like a fool in my garden but no one can see me and a good thing that is too, with my bedhead and rumpled pjs.

i would love to have a pretty path like yours! min

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

My neighbors are very used to me wandering around looking at all my flowers. Usually with camera in hand. And since lots of my gardens are in the front yard that means often.

I love your path and the garden alongside it. You have done a lovely job.

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

I love your garden path and all your flowers and gardens.Yup,i'm out there everyday wandering around,camera in hand etc.I also take walks through the neighborhood with camera to see what's outthere that i don't already have.Matter of fact i just came back from my walk.
    Love this time of year!! TFS your gardens.
    Kathi

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

It's beautiful, love the path!

Yes, one neighbor has commented that I always seem to be out in the yard. Since we started with the front, it's been the prettiest part of the yard so I just love to walk and look.

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Love your path, too.
    I got out every morning. I tell my little dog, "let's do our morning walk about".

Kathy

• sarahrock
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Haha, I love this community of fellow garden wanderers. And thank you so much for being folks I can show pictures too! I'm sure my friends and family all thank you too, as it relieves them from having to feign interest. :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

A path beckons one to wander through the garden, you did a great job laying the stone so your path does just that. Nice choice of plants too.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

What a beautiful path and garden. You could not possibly be spending enough time wandering to do it justice unless that is what you do a very large chunk of your time. Indeed, I do wander in my garden...and sit and enjoy it too. That's why I work in it so I can enjoy it. You garden is really beautiful. At first glance, the blooms in your last photo look like bright blue butterflies.
    kay

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

I'm in love with your garden path too! It is so full and lush and you can just tell there is so much more to pop in there. Please continue to post pictures of it as the seasons progress.

• scorpgirl24
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!!
    I laughed when you spoke of wandering around the garden in the morning!
    Thankfully, I have succeeded in making my yard as private as possible.
    Surely, no one should see me wandering in my morning finest!!
    It's such a great feeling though, isn't it?
    A nice cup of coffee and a stroll through your own beautiful yard, borne of hard work and love!!
    Enjoy many more garden moments this season!!

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

GORGEOUS PATH!!!! What a perfect job you did with it and also you lovely garden, so inspiring!!!

• bellarosa
    12 years ago

Wowwie! Zowwie! Beautiful garden pics! What is the name of the peony (on the far right) in the 3rd pic? Very pretty.
    P.S. I would have a hard to coming inside too if I had a garden as beautiful as yours! :-)

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

That is remarkably lovely! I love the billowing flow of the different kinds of plants flowing together. It's something I haven't been so great at figuring out how to do well :)

• Cher
    12 years ago

Lovely path and gardens. You've done a great job. I wander through my gardens numerous times a day. I always believe my neighbors think something is strange if I think it's going to change in a matter of hours. :)
    Cher

• luckygal
    12 years ago

You and your Hubby did a wonderful job on the stone path and your flowers are very pretty! Thanks for showing!

• eightzoner
    12 years ago

So pretty! Seeing your lovely path picture prompted me to post mine. I can't wait until I have filled in the area close to the path with lovely flowers as you have done.

Looks so nice, like it has been there forever. Wonderful job!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Love your path too! The bluish color of it is what I like the best... what kind of stone is it? Looks good with all the pinks and purples in your garden too!

Yep, I always take a morning "tour" thru the garden too. ;-) Thanks for sharing!
    CMK

• sarahrock
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bellarosa - That peony is "Paula Fay". The color is so vivid!

christinmk - I think the stone was called "Pennsylvania Garden Path", although that sounds rather generic, doesn't it? I really don't know anything about stone... we just wandered around looking at pallets til one took our fancy.

Sponsored