Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Its been awhile.. 27 pics

silverkelt
12 years ago

Forgive me if you have dial up, I feel your pain.

Roses to me, in particular, the antiques are as cottage as you get, with the soft colors, their large fountain shape bushes, that float and flitter in the wind, and that classic rose scent.

Duchesse De Montebello (Peter Beales describes scent as a quality over quanity item.. let me tell you, that description captures the Duchesse and her divine scent...)

{{gwi:258375}}

{{gwi:258376}}

Crocus Rose

{{gwi:277893}}

{{gwi:277895}}

Comte De Chambord

{{gwi:277897}}

Cardinal De Richelieu (what a color)

{{gwi:277899}}

Prarie Joy

{{gwi:277901}}

John Davis cascading into some bushes

{{gwi:277903}}

Harrisons Yellow

{{gwi:277906}}

Rose De Rescht

{{gwi:277908}}

Reine des violettes, the only time i ever get these to be purple is to cut them very early in the morning near bud stage and bring them in..

{{gwi:277912}}

Lilac Pink and subtle striping of Vicks Caprice

{{gwi:277915}}

Surpasse Toute

{{gwi:277917}}

Mary Rose

{{gwi:277918}}

Rosa Centifolia, Peter Beales describes the lack of foilage on this.. hes right on, but what a pretty medium pink , with always that classic scent.

{{gwi:277919}}

My Unknown Gallica again , last year bloomed for about 6 weeks, this year closer to 4 probably.. it bloomed like all at once.. but was a sight to behold

{{gwi:277921}}

{{gwi:277922}}

Quadra on the Trellis

{{gwi:205636}}

Fruhlingsduft is getting there.. hopefully next year will have a splendid picture of the bush

{{gwi:277923}}

{{gwi:277924}}

Rondo Penstemon

{{gwi:426763}}

Siberian Iris, Grown from seed, specieas version

{{gwi:427919}}

Unknown White Iris

{{gwi:688903}}

Unknown peach iris

{{gwi:688906}}

Thats it for now.. some more to come.

Silverkelt

Comments (13)

• onederw
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh wow. Eye candy on Friday morning! Thanks so much. I needed that!!

Kay

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

What a treat! I am so envious of those of you who have roses-too much shade in our yard :-(

I love them all, but I am blown away by your Crocus Rose! What a wonderful, delicate color! Love the irises and the penstemon, too.

Thanks for sharing.

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hello Silverkelt

Beautiful roses. Can you tell me which ones have the most sweetest scent?

Blake

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Those are fab!! I love the looks of the 'oldie' roses. My fave is that 'Vicks Caprice'. What an unusual coloring on it- I like roses that fade to a different color or are two toned.

I have smelled both Comte De Chambord & Rose De Rescht at a local public garden and know those perfume the air wonderfully- with all the rest of your roses combined I bet it smells like heaven in your garden!
    Thanks for sharing your beauties...
    CMK

• eightzoner
    12 years ago

Beautiful roses, but I'm especially drawn to that beautiful penstemon!

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Your roses are lovely! I also was blown away by the penstemon- I've never seen one like that before.

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

Your roses (and photography) are gorgeus. I see you are in zone 5-do you plant own root roses or grafted?

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Beautiful roses and that penstemon is to die for.Is that 2 plants together or just one.That crocus rose is my favorite and those water drops make it perfect.Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh the wonders of nature!!
    TFS
    Kathi

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I love the old garden roses and the penstemon. You pictures are just gorgeous!

This year, the Japanese beetles have decimated the blooms on my hybrid teas and done a number on the leaves and buds of the Knock outs, but left my old garden Roses almost totally alone! Go figure.
    kay

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Wonderful roses, so perfect!

• User
    12 years ago

gorgeous roses ! I just got home from Bar Harbor. I rode all the way through Maine along the coast to finish my cycling trip and I couldn't believe the gardens. Everywhere I looked the lushness was amazing. You have a lovely place. c

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

simply stunning - everything looks so lush and healthy - wonderful eyecandy for us who are struggling with drought and record heat - TFS .....

Lynne

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor