Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Its been awhile.. 27 pics

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 10:45

Forgive me if you have dial up, I feel your pain.

Roses to me, in particular, the antiques are as cottage as you get, with the soft colors, their large fountain shape bushes, that float and flitter in the wind, and that classic rose scent.

Duchesse De Montebello (Peter Beales describes scent as a quality over quanity item.. let me tell you, that description captures the Duchesse and her divine scent...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Crocus Rose

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comte De Chambord

Photobucket

Cardinal De Richelieu (what a color)

Photobucket

Prarie Joy

Photobucket

John Davis cascading into some bushes

Photobucket

Harrisons Yellow

Photobucket

Rose De Rescht

Photobucket

Reine des violettes, the only time i ever get these to be purple is to cut them very early in the morning near bud stage and bring them in..

Photobucket

Lilac Pink and subtle striping of Vicks Caprice

Photobucket

Surpasse Toute

Photobucket

Mary Rose

Photobucket

Rosa Centifolia, Peter Beales describes the lack of foilage on this.. hes right on, but what a pretty medium pink , with always that classic scent.

Photobucket

My Unknown Gallica again , last year bloomed for about 6 weeks, this year closer to 4 probably.. it bloomed like all at once.. but was a sight to behold

Photobucket

Photobucket

Quadra on the Trellis

Photobucket

Fruhlingsduft is getting there.. hopefully next year will have a splendid picture of the bush

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rondo Penstemon

Photobucket

Siberian Iris, Grown from seed, specieas version

Photobucket

Unknown White Iris

Photobucket

Unknown peach iris

Photobucket

Thats it for now.. some more to come.

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Its been awhile.. 27 pics

Oh wow. Eye candy on Friday morning! Thanks so much. I needed that!!

Kay

o

What a treat! I am so envious of those of you who have roses-too much shade in our yard :-(

I love them all, but I am blown away by your Crocus Rose! What a wonderful, delicate color! Love the irises and the penstemon, too.

Thanks for sharing.

o

Hello Silverkelt

Beautiful roses. Can you tell me which ones have the most sweetest scent?

Blake

o

Those are fab!! I love the looks of the 'oldie' roses. My fave is that 'Vicks Caprice'. What an unusual coloring on it- I like roses that fade to a different color or are two toned.

I have smelled both Comte De Chambord & Rose De Rescht at a local public garden and know those perfume the air wonderfully- with all the rest of your roses combined I bet it smells like heaven in your garden!
Thanks for sharing your beauties...
CMK

o

Beautiful roses, but I'm especially drawn to that beautiful penstemon!

o

Your roses are lovely! I also was blown away by the penstemon- I've never seen one like that before.

o

Your roses (and photography) are gorgeus. I see you are in zone 5-do you plant own root roses or grafted?

o

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

o

Beautiful roses and that penstemon is to die for.Is that 2 plants together or just one.That crocus rose is my favorite and those water drops make it perfect.Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh the wonders of nature!!
TFS
Kathi

o

I love the old garden roses and the penstemon. You pictures are just gorgeous!

This year, the Japanese beetles have decimated the blooms on my hybrid teas and done a number on the leaves and buds of the Knock outs, but left my old garden Roses almost totally alone! Go figure.
kay

o

Wonderful roses, so perfect!

o

gorgeous roses ! I just got home from Bar Harbor. I rode all the way through Maine along the coast to finish my cycling trip and I couldn't believe the gardens. Everywhere I looked the lushness was amazing. You have a lovely place. c

o

simply stunning - everything looks so lush and healthy - wonderful eyecandy for us who are struggling with drought and record heat - TFS .....

Lynne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here