Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Bob in the Garden- try this again!!!

Annie
13 years ago

Here are the photos I had intended to post in "conversations" of my Bob, but couldn't find them.

Thought I would just post them here.

Bob watching little Terra in the Garden - May 2009

{{gwi:689719}}

Bob showing off and being silly with Terra who is behind the sign

{{gwi:689720}}

Bob plays Hide and Seek with Terra behind the "Cat Crossing" sign board

{{gwi:689721}}

And the last one is my all-time favorite of beautiful Bob.

Cameo of Bob in the Garden - May 2009

The game was over. Terra ran back over to play with Little Brother and Binx. Bob is thinking about joining in on the fun.

{{gwi:689722}}

Wasn't he beautiful?

~Annie

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

He is a beautiful cat!
    kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

What a cutie.

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is the LINK to the topic abut Bob posted over in Cottage Garden's Conversations:

Here is a link that might be useful: Farewell to Bob

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

What a precious lad, I like to think he's hanging out with the pink cat and maybe our girls Dusty and Breeze now.

Annette

• keesha2006
    13 years ago

He was..and is... pets add so much to our lives...even after they are gone...Hug

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Lovely!

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

SOOOO CUTE!

• cindysunshine
    13 years ago

Gorgeous cat. I love cats. :) They love to stalk and explore in their gardens. They think they own them of course - and perhaps they do. ;)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

How can you not love a cat named 'Bob'? Too cute!

• armyyife
    13 years ago

Wow, Bob looks so much like Kitty (that was his name) except Kitty had a tail. 'Bob', how cute! lol I love cats and miss mine very much.
    Here is a pic of Kitty..don't ya think he looks like Bob? Well a little anyway? Actually I think your Bob has more white on the chest.
    {{gwi:689724}}
    ~Meghan

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

awww, he was absolutely beautiful. :)

• ianna
    13 years ago

Bob looks like my previous cat, Mischief!

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, Kitty looks quite similar to Bob.

Bob had tufts on his ears, one of the traits of Manx cats (besides the bobtail), and large feet for walking on rocky slopes in Scotland (my Scottish DH says). :) He has big feet too.

He came about that name more because of his personality than his tail as most people believed. When he first came here looking for handouts, he would come at supper time every night with another cat. For weeks the two stayed back a ways, but one came closer than the other and soon he was coming within a few feet of me.
    They would come and go and sometime I wouldn't see them for a week or two. One night when I looked out the back door window, I chuckled to see that he was sitting off just a little ways, waiting for food to be put out on the patio. When he spotted me, he began rubbing on one of the posts and working his big paws. DH asked "Is that big cat out there again?!" I said, "Yes. He never really leaves. See? He's still there!" "He's just like Bob in the movie, What About Bob!". We both laughed and so, Bob it was! He really seemed to like that name. In a few days, he was coming up to us and eating with the other cats, purring and rubbing and making biscuits. He liked the affection even more than the food...and boy did he like food! Very soon, Bob started coming inside and he never again left the property. Everything he needed was right here. He was VERY bad about peeing though and he was quite a scrapper, so a trip to the vet was in order. He never quit backing up to things and peeing, but at least it didn't stink anymore. Hey! He only had ONE bad flaw! (ugh)

Everybody loved Bob...so he was also like the character in the movie in that sense, too. :)
    He was absolutely Bob o'licious!

~Annie

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals