Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennypat_gw

My garden this morning

I am not showing much in my garden right now, I was out of town on a business trip for a bit over 2 weeks, I missed a LOT of things. Most of the irises, and most of the poppies.And the WEEDS oh my! I can't believe (I should know better) but it's going to take me 2 weeks to catch up! Anyway, here is a picture that's not toooo bad.
{{gwi:689865}}
I did put a couple more up on flicker.
Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: My 2013 garden

Comments (15)

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful photos and a lovely garden spot.

• flowergirl70ks
    10 years ago

Love your arrangement and vase.

• MilaB
    10 years ago

So lush and lovely!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Very lovely. What are the white flowers with the blue vein? Love the woodpecker pic, and you garden art is very neat. I got a kick out of your nervous gnome with all the gargoyles around.

kay

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, I think it's some type of Hyacinth. I had planted a number of things in a woodland bed, that I have since learned is too dry and tooo shady for much to grow in. That was about 8 years ago. Earlier this spring I discovered this one lone flower blooming back there, it was so sweet I had to take a few pictures.

LOL the gnome and gargoyles was a mothers day gift from my daughter and her twin 3 year olds. I already had the concrete gargoyle in the background. Each of my 3 girls gave me a gnome this year.

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

I believe the white flowers with the blue vein are striped squill (Pushkinia scilloides or related).

Fun garden tour. I hate when my favorites bloom when I am out of town. Some of my orchids seem to do that every year; I need to reschedule my vacation periods.

• docmom_gw
    10 years ago

Jennypat,
    I love the log where it fell. Do you plan to leave it?

What are the small pink flowers in amongst your purple and white tulips?

And is that a pink dianthus under the metal arrow with the rotating circles? I'm looking for small, early blooms to add interest to my spring garden, and those two caught my eye.

Martha

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

HI Martha
    Yes I plan to leave it, build up the soil around it, and plant a clematis or 2 to ramble over it.

Those are a pink version of forget me nots I found the seed one time...once only! I keep thinking I am going to search for more, because I love them! I let them reseed, but they aren't as prolific as the blue ones.

Yes that is a pink Dianthus, I don't know what variety though, they have been in that spot for 4 years or so and the tag is long gone. They started blooming here in the last week. I am a zone+ later than you.

Thanks!
    Jenny P

• amsonia2
    10 years ago

Beautiful It must be nice to be surrounded by such beauty. It uplifts me just to see it. Thank for sharing.

• freezengirl
    10 years ago

I was just sitting here sipping on a cup of coffee when I clicked on the pictures of your garden. Sweet! I could see myself stepping right into the picture and setting outside listening to the birds chirping, bees buzzing and smelling the sunshine releasing all the wonderful scents. The pleasure you take in your garden comes through loud and clear. Just lovely!

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am going to have to either set my alarm to get up early tomorrow to take pictures, OR hope the wind dies down tonight. Wouldn't you know it, just when I decide to roam the garden with the camera nothing is sitting still!

• flowerladylorraine
    10 years ago

Your garden is lovely and makes me want to walk around in it to see more. Thanks for sharing your flicker album.

FlowerLady

• cenepk10
    10 years ago

Omgoodness !!! So lush & beautiful ! My eyes thank you !!!!

• luckygal
    10 years ago

Jenny, IKWYM as I was away for 2 weeks in June and missed many of my best bloom times especially the irises which are one of my favorites.

TFS, I always like seeing your beautiful garden.

• User
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms,..your grass is lush green,..i enjoyed every picture,..loved the ornaments also the ginger cat and your location,..picture perfect,..well done.

Philip