Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reginaz_gw

Spring Pictures (alot of them)

reginaz
12 years ago

Last year was a difficult year which led to many things going wrong in the garden. My fence and arbor got pulled down from the weight of the roses. My beds were full of the kind of grass with long runners on it so I had to dig them up, you know take out all the plants, dig up the beds and them put them back. Another arbor rotted and fell over. So much of back porch wood rotted because I had so many things too close to the house. We had the porch fixed and everything else is a work in progress. And that was the easy part! I had to deal with the loss of my sister, brother and dog of 17 years. Why that makes the garden problems a"piece of cake"! OK, enough about that.

Here are some pictures:

This is one bed full of that weedy grass and in the background you can see the fence on the ground. The wooden arbor was laying in a pile somewhere. April 9, 2011

{{gwi:690125}}
It's getting there! The fence is up with a new arbor and gate. April 29, 2011

{{gwi:690128}}
Looking better. May 31, 2011

{{gwi:690131}}
{{gwi:690136}}
{{gwi:690140}}
{{gwi:690144}}
{{gwi:690146}}
{{gwi:690148}}
{{gwi:690150}}
{{gwi:690151}}
{{gwi:690152}}
{{gwi:690153}}
{{gwi:690154}}
{{gwi:690155}}
{{gwi:690156}}

Comments (32)

• on_greenthumb
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!!!

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

My goodness! What a difference!

I am sorry for your losses. My dogs are family, too.

What is the weeping plant with lavender blooms? Forth from the bottom. That is very pretty.

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Love your lupins! Such beautiful garden - enjoy!

• eightzoner
    12 years ago

Your garden is stunning. Such a beautiful yard and you have really brought it to life. I can't believe the difference between the April and May photos!

Very inspirational. I would love to be able to take a long, leisurely stroll through your garden. Your beds and borders are gorgeous.

Sheri

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Thumbs up, well done.

• Merilia
    12 years ago

Your garden is a romantic dream! That's an unbelievable change in just one month.

I love the color palette you've used, and you've done a brilliant job of breaking up the garden into smaller rooms. It's an understatement to say that you've got the eye of an artist.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your loved ones. I hope your garden can continue to bring you joy.

• User
    12 years ago

Are you sure these aren't photos of Monet's gardens?

Stunning!

I hope you can find peace and comfort in your garden. You've been through a lot this last year.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Peggy

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! I'm sorry for you losses and I hope you find some comfort and joy in this beautiful place you've made.

• reginaz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody. Working in the garden helps me get through the difficult times.
    The weeping purple plant is a Buddleia aternifolia. It blooms in spring instead of late summer and you don't cut it down to the ground. It's smells wonderful!

• mehearty
    12 years ago

Your gardens are amazing! I cannot believe all that happened in one month. You must have 10 green thumbs!

I am very sorry about your losses.

• proudgm_03
    12 years ago

So sorry about the losses you've had. Your garden is just beautiful. So peaceful! I would love to just go and sit and stare at it.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Goodness! It is absolutely stunning. I love the lupines and the poppies and all the rest. I think you have done a fabulous job.

• flora_uk
    12 years ago

Lovely - jam packed with no visible soil or mulch. Colours beautifully blended. Brilliant.

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

WOWSER,What a transformation!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Kathi

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    12 years ago

I am so sorry for your losses of the past year. Your lovely garden makes a wonderful memorial to your loved ones. I know the therapeutic value of gardening during grief work.

It's a good thing that I thought to 'go to Cottage Garden and see the gardens that I love to visit.'

• journalbee
    12 years ago

i wish i had your vision. Your garden is very beautiful. you have done a great job with it. Sorry for your losses.

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

your garden is stunning. Simply stunningly beautiful!!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Ahhhh. My favorite garden. Thanks, Regina, for taking the time to post some photos of heaven on earth. I hope this year is easier for you and holds much joy and happiness.
    Renee

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Enjoy all the hard work you have done! It truly shows what a labor of love can do! A nice place to sit back, and enjoy memories of Loved Ones!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry for your losses.

Your garden is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing all the photos. I like the way you have so many great shrubs mixed in. The weigela is absolutely beautiful. I can only hope my B. alternifolia will be as beautiful as yours some day. Did you do anything special in reference to the pruning of it? Or have you just let it do its thing?

I was at Monet's garden last spring and your 3rd picture down blows away any photo I took there. You really have a great knack of making some sweet lemonade out of lemons. Congratulation on a job very well done.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Your garden is just so beautiful! Just beautiful. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures.
    kay

• reginaz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks again for all the kind words.
    As for the buddleia, I didn't do anything except deadheading after flowering.

• mytime
    12 years ago

That's the kind of area that I aspire to someday.

• misobento
    12 years ago

there is no way that is the same garden! LOL

It reminds me of that book/movie The Secret Garden. Where they come across something that needs work and then through patience and love, turn it into a magnificent garden.

Stunning!

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous! I especially love your poppies!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

So amazing Regina!! I have to say, yours was one of the first gardens I saw on venturing over to the CG forum a few years ago and it was SO inspirational to me! You have such a great sense of style and color...

Is that 'Patty's Plum' poppy in the left corner of pic #3? So beautiful- thank you for sharing
    CMK

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Regina, I am so sorry about your losses, how you have reclaimed your beautiful garden is nothing less then amazing. I so look forward to seeing pictures of your garden each year, one of my absolute favorites.

Annette

• reginaz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Everyone's words are a great comfort to me and I appreciate all your thoughtfulness.
    CMK-That is Patty's Plum but it is pinker than my other ones. I have 4 Patty's Plum poppies and they are all slightly different colors. I have a few pink poppies some of which I started from seed. And then there are the annual poppies, don't get me started! Regina

• silvergirl426_gw
    12 years ago

Just gorgeous! Are those pinkinsh daisies pythethrum daisies in the 12th picture? And am I right that the red flower a few pics away is centranthus? I hve been meaning to start that from seed.
    lucia

• reginaz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lucia, yes, they are Pyrethrum and Centranthus both started from seed.
    Regina

• janroze
    12 years ago

reginaz, So many losses for one year. I am truly sorry about your losses. I hope your garden gives you the peace you deserve after such a difficult year.

I know your gardens give me a sense of peace and I appreciate your sharing the photos of all the glories you have created in them.

I know, this is one thread I will revisit again and again.

Thanks, gramma jan

• linda_jo
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! This thread will be saved in my favorites! I agree with journalbee- what a vision you have.

I first started gardening 17 years ago when I lost my son. It is really comforting. So sorry for all your loss.

You have brought me joy today. Thank you.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery