Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardnpondr

Lattice Wall (inside) please help

gardnpondr
13 years ago

Hi, I know this might have needed to be posted on the home side of the board but since we wanted it to look like a garden I thought this might be better.

One of my friends is opening up a tearoom in town and she has a whole wall in it that is all white lattice work. There wasn't a wall there and she needed one to close it in so they put up posts and lattice work. It's from floor to ceiling. She wants to make it look like a garden and I have no clue how to do that. I was trying to help her and I made an archway with some hydranga garland she had. I put a pretty garden pic in that at eye level but then from there I have NO idea what to do. I want to cut some bridal tuile and puff it in the holes to make it look like clouds.

So now how would you make the wall look like a garden with flowers? We tried poking the bunches of flowers in the holes here and there but that doesn't look right. :( Any ideas? I have been on here trying to google to get some ideas but have found NONE! :(

Comments (7)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I'd not do the bridal tuile cloud thing.

So the decorated lattice wall will be facing in towards the customers? Shade or semi shade? You could attach hanging planters to the lattice work and either plant those with a trailing vine or invest in some quality silk plants/flowers and arrange them in the planters. Think English tearoom, not a playhouse and try classic decor or "chabby chic". Not too many objects though. You could still use a little whimsy here and there. I'm not sure what type of environment your friend wishes to create though.

• ianna
    13 years ago

this is more of an interior design subject. or Window dressing subject.

I would suggest that if possible, check out flower shops for ideas. They normally have displays that evoke an interior patio. For instance, I spotted a nice display with driftwood, ribbons, artificial moss and colourful teacups hanging in the air. Lots of little statues like stone rabbits, frogs, buddhas, lanterns, ferns etc.. The thing is don't copy the gardens exactly because it will probably not turn out well -- but instead evoke the feel of gardening. One other thing choose good quality artificial flowers.. That is -- they should not look artificial.

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Some things that could be used to decorate lattice are small birdhouses, plates in arrangements, wreaths with flowers, I've seen a wreath made from small terracotta plant pots, teapots, cream and sugars hung with ribbons. Not suggesting using all of these but they are some ideas. I'd try garlands looped thru the lattice at the top and down the sides. Weave them thru the lattice irregularly as if they are growing there. They don't have to have flowers, there are many leafy garlands that look nice. Buy the best quality possible, some are very real looking. Having a business she should be able to buy wholesale.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I like Luckygal's ideas. You need more upscale fancy boutique ideas than home decorating ideas. Birdhouses would be nice, so would bird nests, and picture frames like this with botanical pictures: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zW2CWpcTojw/Se1npLazpdI/AAAAAAAACew/YbNREqhDkYw/s320/lattice+frames.jpg

You could have the suggestion of a garden, without sticking fake flowers in things! Perhaps a small shelf with some moss topiaries on foam that are very light weight (so you could nail and glue everything tightly down)

• memo3
    13 years ago

Here is an excellent site for viewing tea rooms across the country. Just choose a state, set your mouse on the little picture thumbnails and they will instantly enlarge. There is more tea room inspiration here than you can imagine.

What I noticed in these Victorian and Shabby tea rooms were lots of tall cabinets, small white shelves, fancy hats, and dishes and mirrors on the walls. Any of these could easily be attached to your trellis walls too. I also think some life size trees around the edges would add a lot to a garden feel. Enjoy the pics!

MeMo

Here is a link that might be useful: Team Map . com

• gardnpondr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

THANK YOU!!!!!! You guys are awesome and what GOOD ideas!!! Thank you again SOOOOO MUCH!

• gardnpondr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I realized I didn't answer your question last night and tried to come back and reply and it wouldn't let me!
    Anyway the lattice work is facing the customers. She has 4 windows in the room so it will get plenty of light.