Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Lace Delphinium and Other Pretty faces.

Posted by crackingtheconcrete 7aNY (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 12:12

I love this flower. The purple/blue combination on Blue Lace almost seems photoshopped,it's so perfect.

Photobucket

Pacific Moon Daylily against Hosta "Guacamole"

Photobucket

Kniphofia and Allium "Giganteum" I love this combination

Photobucket

And Triple Hot Papaya Echinacea. I can't believe how well this one is doing!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Lace Delphinium and Other Pretty faces.

Oh that delph is SO beautiful. I love those bicolor ones. Must have some! ;-) Thanks for sharing.

Sheri

o

Love that delph,and that lily with the hosta inthe bkgd is gorgeous as well.Love all your flowers.
Kathi

o

Your blue lace is wonderful...I can't seem to keep those short ones alive.
Really like your hot papaya as well....just might have to get one of them.
Thanks for the lovely pics.
Flora

o

That delphinium is unbelievable. WOW!

o

All gorgeous. I simply love delphs that one is stunning! I remember when those new echinacea came out and I wondered about them. How striking and I have just the place.

Great photography, too. :)

o

Thanks, everyone for looking :) I also love delphiniums and they do pretty well for me, so I'll most likely try a few more kinds.
The Hot Papaya overwintered very well for me in a large container. I'm waiting to see if one that has buds is "Coral Reef" or "Milkshake ". I really liked Coral Reef. :)

o

You surely have mastered the art of combining shapes and contrasting colors. So gorgeous. That delf and the hydrangea combo is masterful.

o

So pretty. I have planted delphiniums, but not very successfully. Yours inspires me to try again! All your combos are lovely.

o

crackingtheconcrete,
Beautiful Pictures! I'm glad I popped in and saw them. I do love delphiniums, and that one is indeed lovely, but yor coneflower is too.
kay

o

Thanks so much for looking ;)
Hi, Kay *waves* I have two other coneflowers that survived the winter and will soon color, so can't wait to see which they are!

girlgroupgirl, thanks so much. I was almost twinkling with happiness at your comment, because I tend to crush my little artistic ego some years thinking I have a brilliant plan, and then throwing together some hideous combinations. Lol. This year I just tossed cosmos into lots and lots of container edges and that looks great, too.

o

I love the red hot poker and alliums. How are your alliums still in bloom? Mine faded months ago....

o

Ongreenthumb, mine faded last week, maybe because we had a much cooler spring this year?

o

Great pictures! That delphinium is to die for!

o

Beautiful combinations!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here