Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose Garden Overload

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 12:16

Have to get the pictures while the roses are perfect so I took lots of shots.

Photobucket

Ruffled Cloud along the front yard terraces.

Photobucket

Half Round Rose Planters.

Photobucket

Florabundaville

Photobucket

Jumbled Roses.

Photobucket

Playboy

Photobucket

Greetings

Photobucket

Mid front yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose Garden Overload

Awesome!!!

o

RITA, Your roses is amazing.They are just gorgeous.The most beautiful roses I have ever seen any where.and I have seen a lot of roses, even the ones at the American Rose Sosiety gardens in Shreveport Louisiana.

Jean

o

abundance yes, overload never.

o

I just bookmarked this page--please don't remove the pictures ever!

o

Every time I think you couldn't possibly outdo your wonderful garden pictures-you do! I think I just died and went to heaven. Simply outstanding!

o

Even though I prefer the OGRs Rita, these look quite impressive and I like how you have them bunched together instead of a formal row, which always drives me a little nuts about some of the modern plantings, its as if someone somewhere said , you cant incorporate anything in a garden except stiff neck roses.

Of course if I had a longer growing season and no JBs I would be tempted to grown some more moderns and if they were hardier. But for the most part its a attempt in futility to me. Really love the yellows and oranges, I can grow some of the most beutiful pinks in the world really, so am not envious of that. But yellows and oranges.. anything hardy in my zone is usually a rare hybrid that I have to pay a fortune to find =)..

Thanks for sharing.

o

mytime and mao- Thank you. I love the way it looks in the spring flush.

Jean- Thanks! High praise indeed.

deanna- My pictures stay and I don't move them around so the links work for years.

feezengirl- Thank you for the compiment. Its is easy to take good pictures when there is all this beauty.

Silverkelt- Years ago I figgured I would never have roses because they were too much work and I hated the formal way they were usually planted. Plus all the advice for lots of space between planting, I knew that would never work for me. So finially I decided to do it my way. It is work because I have to spray and prune but I think it is worth it.

o
RE: more pictures

If anyone would like to see additional rose pictures, todays different shots are over at the Rose Forum Gallery with link below-

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses again at the Rose Forum Gallery

o

beautiful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here