12 years ago

{{gwi:691532}}

Just off my back patio.

{{gwi:691533}}

Terraces Garden near my kitchen door.

{{gwi:691534}}

Right side of the front yard.

{{gwi:691535}}

Looking from the left side front yard down the street.

{{gwi:691536}}

Prediction daylilies.

{{gwi:691537}}

Pinkish trumpet lilies.

{{gwi:691538}}

Kims Red Knee High Coneflowers.

{{gwi:691539}}

Pink Milkweed blooming.

{{gwi:691540}}

A section of the backyard.

Comments (23)

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Wow! Very lovely! In the first photo are those small pink roses in the back on the left? The foliage doesn't looked rose -like, but its very pretty.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, those are roses. Called The Fairy that blooms and sprawls all over the other shrubs around it.

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

I read the post on the Daylily forum and immediately clicked on here to see the photos. You have the most incredible yard. I know this is a huge amount of work on your part. A BIG PAT ON THE BACK to you. May your days be filled with nothing but beautiful flowers. Avedon

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Newyorkrita - just stunning. I always love looking at your garden no matter the season. We are under such heat and drought (did get some rain yesterday but not nearly enough) that my daylilies are struggling and I am getting no bloom scapes at all. I love looking st yours TFS .....

Lynne

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Wow, just beautiful! I also love looking anytime you post.

• blue23rose
    12 years ago

Okay, it's breaktime, so here I am again visiting the daylily forum and jumping over to the cottage garden forum. What fun!

I just love the Kims Red Knee-High Coneflowers! Very bright and cheery looking. And the rose moss (portulaca) is really perfect where you have it. I got such a late start on mine, I'll be surprised if it blooms by the end of July.

Rita, I just have to ask... how much of your yard do you actually mow? Maybe I've asked that before. Your gardens just looks so lush and full I rarely see any grass, lol! jk!

Vickie

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Avedon, Lynne and rockoak. It has been an increadable amount of work to get it too this point but I am so glad that I did it and that it's here.

Vickie - There are what I call grass paths around many of the gardens that are just really what was left of the lawn after the garden beds kept expanding. There is some lawn left on the north side of my house between the house and driveway.

And in case you all think i am at full bloom, ha. Think again.

{{gwi:691541}}
    The slope has very little open yet.

{{gwi:691542}}
    The side of the driveway with a long way to go until lots more bloom.

• cindysunshine
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Rita just beautiful. I don't see a single weed, no bug tattered foliage, no disease either. You take such good care of your garden can feel the love.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There are weeds but not many. First off everything is densly planted and then I just mulch, mulch, mulch. Things get heavily mulched around here. I am sure there are plenty of bugs too but the backyard birds take care of many of those for me. And I do love my garden. Get so much pleasure out of it!

• cindysunshine
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Rita just beautiful. I don't see a single weed, no bug tattered foliage, no disease either. You take such good care of your garden can feel the love.

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

Beautiful Rita! I LOVE that kims red coneflower. Must get some! I love your views. We always see each others gardens in snippets, views help me imagine what it REALLY looks like.

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Great post Rita. Had to see what was on this forum. I should learn to come over here more often to see what folks are posting. Time to add another forum to my browser under favorites. lol.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I really do love to post complete garden bed shots or long views over a certain area of the yard as I love to see the whole picture and not just the closeups.

• jakkom
    12 years ago

Stunning....simply stunning!

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Maeve wants to go visit her Aunt Rita's garden. But she is to little to travel alone so Mom has to go too. :)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks. I am really enjoying the daylily blooms now.

I bet Maeve would love the garden. Well, maybe Maeve's mom would like it more LOL!

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

What can I add...but Ditto to everyones comments!

• proudgm_03
    12 years ago

Rita, your gardens are beautiful!

• Annie
    12 years ago

Rita,
    That 'Prediction Daylily' is fabulous! Eye-popping even. I love hot colors!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good to know you like hot colors. Me too. Of course I have many paler colors also. I have lots of daylily colors LOL!

• paulah_gardener
    12 years ago

thank you for sharing. Paula

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Beautiful, as always. I can't believe you get so many plants into that yard, Rita. What a show!
    Renee

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Renee- I am the queen of jam them all in LOL!

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists