Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Foxglove lovers (bunch of pix)

Posted by alisande Zone 4b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 12:51

I have not been a good gardener so far this year, but the foxglove took pity on me and grew just beautifully on their own. They're having quite a year!

Here we have foxglove in the garden . . .

Photobucket

Foxglove in the woods . . .

Photobucket

A clump of foxglove . . .

Photobucket

Foxglove (over five feet tall) by the porch . . .

Foxglove by the Porch

And foxglove up close.

Foxglove, close

If only my roses (and a few other things) were as self-sufficient!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Foxglove lovers (bunch of pix)

Looks wonderful.

o

• Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 14:28

Gorgeous, Susan! Don't you just love it when flowers grow well despite our inattention? Now if only they'd grow as well as the weeds do, we'd all have perfect gardens, LOL.

o

I find your foxglove just so gorgeous! Not always an easy thing to grow, at least in my garden. I keep trying to get mine established so that they are self sufficient but I'm still working on it. So, tell us what your secret is? [g] And what variety is that one?

o

They are such a dreamy plant. Looks lovely in all those locations. Great photos.

o

Thanks, everyone! Prairiemoon2, my guess is that these started out as Excelsior. I basically have only two colors, but perhaps these two were the strongest in the mix, and thus reproduced the most successfully.

They've been growing in and around my garden for years, but I've never seen quite as many as I have this spring. I love the way they moved across the road! They also infiltrated my sad mess of a rock garden, which should improve its aesthetics immeasurably.

I dug lots of foxglove babies out of another area this week. Hated to do it, but I just couldn't envision them taking over the sunflower patch. :-)

o

• Posted by becr zone 9 CA 19 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 19:05

Beautiful and magical!! Thanks for sharing with us. :D Becky

o

Gorgeous pics, now I wish I had taken the time to plant some seeds. It *was* on the never-ending list. I definitely will make it a priority.

Foxglove plants confuse me a bit as there are annual, biennial, and perennial varieties. Which type are yours? Definitely a plant worthy of some research and trials. Thanks for the inspiration.

o
R.E: For Foxglove lovers (bunch of pix)

I'm pretty sure mine are biennial. I always see the babies around, sans blooms, so I figure those will be blooming next year. Sometimes they don't survive the winter, but most do.

I know I started mine from seed, but as I said, it was a long time ago.

o

Very pretty!

o

• Posted by jnfr z5b CO (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 20:44

So beautiful!

o

Gorgeous,i need to get some of those as well as i love them.
Kathi

o

Beautiful!!! Your foxglove is such a lovey colour.The by colour is fantastic!!! I love foxglove and yours are especially wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Carrie

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 10:23

Those are just wonderful! I would love to have them spread all over my gardens what a treat that would be. Thank you for the very cheerful pictures!

MeMo

o

How beautiful they are, too! Susan, thank you for posting these. I do love foxgloves.
kay

o

One of my favorites. I wish they would do that well here.
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here