11 years ago

It's works. Thanks Garden Web!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Whoohoo, it worked for me too :)

Annette

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

OK, where do I find out about this new feature?

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    11 years ago

Hummingbird Plant, Uruguyan Firecracker plant, or 'Dicliptera suberecta.' Got it in February, blooming here on 5/24/12. Nonstop color! Hardy to 7a and I'm 8b.

Some instructions for new picture posting

• natalie4b
    11 years ago

Checking if it works for me...
    Thank you GW!

• natalie4b
    11 years ago

Testing

• DYH
    11 years ago

It looks like you're uploading to the Garden Gallery, rather than your own photo storage page. Picasa, Flickr, Pinterest and other storage pages also include an "embed photo" code block to use for posting.

FYI -- Read the fine print for GardenWeb/Garden Gallery postings:

By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to any "public area" of the GardenWeb Network, including, but not limited to, the forums and your personal website, exchange page and journal, you grant iVillage a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, sublicense, assign, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content.

• roseberri, z6
    11 years ago

trying this out..

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wonbyherwits....that's food for thought. Maybe I'll stick to posting via Photobucket. From there I can also choose whether or not my images may be saved by viewers right clicking. At least I think I do. hmmmm.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Cameron, thanks for reminding us of this it's good to keep this in mind. For those of us who don't care about others using our pictures that we post for whatever reason it sure is an easy way to post a picture at least for me. Can you see a problem arising from this?

• thinman
    11 years ago

Well isn't that simple?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    11 years ago

Trying to test myself. Was hoping to load more than one but can't get it to do that.

• DYH
    11 years ago

Cameron, thanks for reminding us of this it's good to keep this in mind. For those of us who don't care about others using our pictures that we post for whatever reason it sure is an easy way to post a picture at least for me. Can you see a problem arising from this?

Just a reminder in case someone doesn't understand that their photos posted here can be used by iVillage in anyway they choose. Since it is non-exclusive rights, it means you can still do what you wish with your photos.

Cameron

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

First ever ( and only )ginger bloom and it has been in the ground 3 years

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

This is SO much easier! Here are some British wild flowers on the coast of Devon. It is almost a natural cottage garden. You can see where the inspiration for our naturalistic style of planting came from.

• haxuan
    11 years ago

I'm trying, too

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

So, how is this different? Instead of loading first to PhotoBucket, et al, are you just loading to GW gallery and then copying the HTML to this forum?
    If so, I don't see how that is any easier.

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

So, how is this different? Instead of loading first to PhotoBucket, et al, are you just loading to GW gallery and then copying the HTML to this forum?
    If so, I don't see how that is any easier.

• natalie4b
    11 years ago

Wonbyherwits - good point. Everyone, please read her post before posting anything here.

• DYH
    11 years ago

Wonbyherwits - good point. Everyone, please read her post before posting anything here.

Natalie, and that is why I prefer to link to my own personal blog for photos. I am also putting some photos on Pinterest, but the volume there is tremendous compared to here, so I'm not so concerned about Pinterest using my photos--they get lost in the crowd.

Cameron

• thinman
    11 years ago

Bobbie- all you do is click on the Choose File button and then select an image from your computer. The upload happens when you click Preview Message. There isn't any HTML to copy, unless you want to put more than one image into a post. Then it is apparently back to the original way.

TM

• sanitycheck
    11 years ago

Trying this out too.

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Thanks, TM.

• valree3
    11 years ago

My first post ever!

Sponsored