Different section.

{{gwi:692816}}

Another section.

{{gwi:692818}}

And the last section.

Comments (26)

• trovesoftrilliums
    12 years ago

Wow! I can practically smell them they look so vibrant.

Where is the jaw dropped open with a bit of drool oozing out the corner emot-i-con?

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

• bouquet
    12 years ago

Stunning!!! Great job!

• mehearty
    12 years ago

Lovely!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Stunning! Do you cut a lot for bouquets? What is the orange/pink rose in the middle of the first picture?

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    12 years ago

Absolutely breathtaking! Your roses are so full and healthy looking! Do you spray? Really knocking my socks off over here.

• blue23rose
    12 years ago

Wow, Rita. I am so jealous! I can't grow roses like that for love nor money:)

All of them are so beautiful.

Vickie

• natal
    12 years ago

Those are gorgeous! We have a friend in the neighborhood who's into roses big time. I get a couple huge bouquets from him every year as a thank you for tomato plants.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Wowzer. I see nary a spot on them. Do you get a lot of winter die back where you are? I always seem to end up cutting mine back nearly to the ground every spring, unfortunately. Yours are amazing! thanks
    CMK

• MytFine
    12 years ago

How beautiful! Our roses aren't near blooming yet
    (NE CT.)and we don't have nearly as many. Do you spray? Also do I spot a couple of lily greens in the front yard pic? :-) Your neighbors must lovvve the scent they get from your yard!

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

It is absolutely gorgeous too...To die for! Everything is fabulously healthy looking Beautiful foliage as well as blooms.

You have a real right to be proud of that garden. I love your rose pictures...how about some names for the nosy...Rita, they are all totally beautiful, but that last picture is a breath-taker. thank you for the day brightener.

kay

• sunnyjay
    12 years ago

I am in awe of your rose garden. One of the most beautiful I have EVER seen!
    Jason

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    12 years ago

Another gorgeous view of your garden. It shows how grouping plants that bloom at the same time can put on a big show. Lovely!

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Oh my what a vibrant explosion of color and rose beauty. Yes,please tell, spray? and what? feed? and what? and pruning, what and when. Help, I dream of glorious roses like yours.Thanks for the inspiration.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for looking and compliments on my roses.

I honestly almost never cut any to bring inside. When I do cut them, it is to give away not bring inside.

I think the orangey one you mean is Playboy.

I do spray every two weeks with a systemic fungicide. I prune them down heavily each spring and no, we usually do not get lots of winter die off. They just take off after the spring prunning and put out the June flush.

There are lilies mixed in with many of the roses as I do love lillies too.

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

So beautiful Rita! I love the first photo with your house peeking out from under the shrubs!

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Rose heaven! They look so healthy and vibrant - enjoy!
    ~Natalie

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That is because of the angle of the picture. The house is actually slightly uphill from were I was standing on the sidewalk.

• mary_lu_gw
    12 years ago

Lovely! You have so many beautiful flowers/beds! Do you find the roses are the most rewarding? Also the most work?

I have a couple roses starting to bloom, but it will probably be at least a week before I hit full bloom. As I do not spray, my garden will never look as good as yours! I always say "next year" but when next year rolls around it seems I never find the time or the energy!

• eightzoner
    12 years ago

Your gardens are so joyful and exuberant, Rita!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The roses are the most work because I do spray and they do have to be sprayed every two weeks. Plus pruned several times a year. Biggest prunning in the early spring as they leaf out. Then I will prune again after the spring flush is over. That means they bloom again around the first of August. But they are so increadably beautiful that I would not want to be without them.

Water hogs too, like just now I was out watering some of them as they need that water now because they are in bloom. Having them planted so close together makes me have to water more often. But I like the crowded effect.

• natal
    12 years ago

My rose-growing neighbor has a similar spraying schedule. He's even planted roses in other yards and maintains those too. More work than I'd be willing to do. I can't believe you don't cut some and bring them indoors to enjoy. To me fresh flowers in the house are such a treat.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I can't stand flowers in the house. Hate house plants. To me flowers belong out in the garden. I will occasionally cut something that has broken and bring it into the house or cut just one perfect rose bloom for my desk here with the computer.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    12 years ago

Beautiful indeed!

Like you, I hardly ever bring any of the flowers indoors although I will cut bouquets to send home with visitors.

• natal
    12 years ago

To each his own. I love having little bouquets on the kitchen window and in the bathroom. Plenty of flowers for wildlife and me. ;)

• silverkelt
    12 years ago

I only cut for my wife..

I dont do houseplants either.. or lets say people think I like plants so much they give them to me, and they end up dyeing becuaes I just forget about them.. I have a few at work, just to have some green at the desk..

I will cut some for church though...

Sponsored