Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Here

Posted by frontiercc MD Zone 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 14:39

Well, not to GardenWeb, I was around when it first started. I've been gone for about 10 years, just making it back. I am new to the cottage side though. The thread about "how did you start your cottage garden" inspired this post.

I was tired of tripping over my wife's things in MY shed, and she said she wanted something quaint for a potting shed. I gathered some recycled materials and put together this shed.

The only thing bought for it are the roofing and siding. The rest, all of the windows, the door, the framing, the brick floor, the decking is all recycled or scrounged from miscellaneous sources.

I'm tickled with how it turned out. Once the Astilbe I planted in the front comes up and I get my little Lime Hydrangea in on the right side, it will be all set.

Since this picture was taken, I have since added a raised bed along the left side for a cutting garden. The rock wall on the right was even scrounged from the surrounding fields.

I look forward to getting ideas here for our new cottage garden. I think I may spend some time in garden junk too!

This post was edited by frontiercc on Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 14:43

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Here

How sweet. I really like it. Great job.

o

I love it!

I have a garden tool shed that is made out of salvaged finds too. It is going to get repurposed to a patio supply and grandkid play place in the next year or so. But then I hope to have a new and larger garden tool shed in the main veggie garden and one of the smaller garage storerooms an upper yard shed (the other will me my vase and canned goods supply space.

o

I LOVE IT! I want to come live in it, hee hee.

o

That is a very nice little shed. Very pretty.
kay

o

You are welcome in my garden any time!
That is soooo cute.

o

That is great, and it looks like the perfect style to what looks like a fairly country setting. I love the weathervane.

o

I love it! A cottage garden will look so cute with it. LUCKY WIFE!

o

Yeah !!! Lucky wife ! I am so JEALOUS ! I want one ! It's perfect !!!! So charming & well done ! Bravo !

o

great job!! i wish i had one just like it as well!!

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 0:00

Well isn't that just the cutest?!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here