Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ogrose_tx

FINALLY learned how to post pictures!

ogrose_tx
11 years ago

I've enjoyed everyone's pictures for so long, decided it was time to learn how to put pictures on -

Climbing Pinkie - I'm trying to cover my ugly 6' chain link fence, and this rose has been great!

{{gwi:695221}}

My new flowerbed, this is its first year.

{{gwi:695222}}

{{gwi:695224}}

Old Garden Rose Goldbusch

{{gwi:695227}}

{{gwi:695230}}

Always a work in progress!

Comments (8)

• mandolls
    11 years ago

I wish I could grow roses like that in WI - what a great way to cover chain link.

• ogrose_tx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mandolls, it has worked very well, even when they aren't blooming I think they are great landscape plants.

The reason for the 6' chain link is that we used to raise German Shepherds and Border Collies, had runs for them but this gave them room to excersise, and forget about having a garden then! We used to breed, train and show them, but as they got older (us, too!) we didn't replace, so I got to start gardening!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    11 years ago

Congrats on learning how to post pictures! And thanks for sharing your beautiful roses and new garden. I look forward to seeing it get even more beautiful in the coming years.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Well, how lucky we are that you learned to post pictures! Wow. I know what you mean about dogs and gardens-our mother/son tag team have turned our back yard into weeds and dirt. I am slowly starting to replant as they are getting older (8 and 7), but they are still pretty rambunctious and when our son's wild one comes for a playdate, oh well...

Thanks for sharing. Your yard is beautiful and that climbing rose is absolutely spectacular.

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

You have a beautiful garden! It looks big in these photos,and climbing pinkie is just gorgeous! Do you have to spray it? I'm always looking for no-spray roses that are that beautiful :)
    How do you manage to keep it all watered? I ask only because it's large, and you live where it's hot. It takes me a long time to water. A friend and I have both been discussing our time taking to water our gardens.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Your garden is HUGE! I love your Pinkie- it's doing a fine job and giving us a good show too.
    Your new bed shows great restraint in planting. I admire that in a gardener- it will fill in properly without any lopsided roses. I am learning from all of you.

Thanks for taking the time to learn how to post the photos for all of us. I am so happy to see your gorgeous garden!
    Renee

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Great bones in your garden, I can tell you thought it out well. The roses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

• ogrose_tx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your very kind comments.

The reason it is green this year is that we had a LOT of rain this spring, unlike last year. We're on water restriction of twice a week, but that's not too bad; PLUS, I got a sprinkler system installed early this year, after hauling hoses for 40 years. Absolutely love it, it has made a huge difference. Last year I just was barely able to keep everything alive using the hoses. Today will be 100 Degrees, lasting all week with one day forecast for 106.

I don't spray, most all of the roses are antiques. They didn't miss a beat last summer in our drought unlike most of the new perennials I planted.

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years