Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

New little rock wall

schoolhouse_gw
10 years ago

I think it turned out well enough, that edge was awkward and the mulch would always wash out. I incorporated the concrete platform with the urn that was already there.

{{gwi:697031}}

Comments (12)

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Looks nice and looks like a nice shady spot to sit on a hot day.
    Kathi

• User
    10 years ago

I love it. Did you have the rocks already as part of another wall or "find " them on your property? I made a long wall in my back garden a few years back...it is quite long and took me a lot of tries to get it even half as good as yours. I wish I had thought to purchase rocks that were more flat and likely to stack well..sigh. I just love your little wall. c

• auntyara
    10 years ago

beautiful, I love rock walls.
    :) Laura

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all. trailrunner, I have a source for rocks that I've been dipping into for the last 34yrs. However it is miles away in another county and out in the woods in a ravine, on property owned by family. It's an area where it is said the glacier stopped, so there are all kinds of wonderful rocks - and sometimes fossils too! By now I know which ones work the best, but do you remember the movie "Shakespeare in Love"? Remember when they ask the theater owner, "But how will it end?" and he always says, "I don't know, it's a mystery!" That's how I feel when my pile of rocks becomes a wall.

• User
    10 years ago

Great story...I certainly can relate. My DH kept asking me when I would be though and when would I stop staring at the rocks...haha...never ! c

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

Lovely!! Thx for sharing the pic and the story!!!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I always envy the rock walls. they are so lovely and yours certainly is a beauty. And the story is also neat.
    kay

• thinman
    10 years ago

Nice wall! I envy you your flattish rocks. The rocks around here tend to be quite round, and it's a challenge to build with them. You've done a good job.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Beautiful. All we have in our yard is round, smooth river rocks. Still, it might be worth buying some rock if I could make a wall that looks as good as yours!

• memo3
    10 years ago

Love the wall and what a great little sitting spot. We have no rocks here, only sand :(

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

The wall really looks fantastic and what a great story.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is indeed a little wall, but serves its purpose. I just might build another one on the other edge of the circle. However, I bet I'll need to build that one a bit higher so that a person doesn't stumble over it.

If only I had a helicopter that could pick up a big palette of rocks I've gathered and fly them to my house!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional