Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

More June Pics

The garden is starting to fill in now getting lusher everyday. Happy dance.

{{gwi:699332}}
The rose campion is coming on nicely, and the foxglove is so pretty.

{{gwi:699333}}
I love garlic scapes!!

{{gwi:699334}}
These are two fun little gardens: one is a motorcycle tire repurposed as a parrot(sorry I cut his tail off). The other is an old barbeque - it was supposed to have flame red nasturtiums in it but a heavy rain storm washed most of them out. The squirrels ate the rest, sadly.

{{gwi:699335}}
This is for Lilyfinch - the beans are starting to sprint up the ladder.

Thanks for viewing. Nancy.

Comments (12)

• southerngardening24
    9 years ago

love the bbq idea! I did set up my old ladder with plants the other day thanks to your ladder pic. Do you have any more pics and inspiration?

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Southern Gardening - I'd love to see a picture of your ladder. I'll go out with the camera to see what else we've done that you might like!! Thanks.

Nancy.

• southerngardening24
    9 years ago

Here's a pic of the ladder. Hopefully the sweet potato vine will cover it quickly. The clematis on the side may take a while. It's my first one so I don't know how fast it will grow. I'm not sure if I should also let a morning glory grow on it. Would that be too much?

I have morning glories planted everywhere on our property and am starting to wonder if it was a mistake. Those things are growing like wildfire.

Oh and the mailbox was free. To me it found its perfect home. The inspiration for it came from a post here on gardenweb about mailbox gardens and thought why not have a mailbox ladder garden! :-)

I did take the 3 coleus out of the sweet potato vine pot today because everything was getting too crowded.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The mailbox on it is perfect! Many years ago I saw a garden where they used a mailbox to keep their trowel and gloves in, handy when in the garden!! The inverted pots make great pedestals. The little pots are perfect and easily swappable as things fill in. Not sure how fast things grow in your area, but you might want to shade the clematis pot with something - I seem to remember that they like their feet in the shade and their heads in the sun. I always had bushy perennials at their feet.

Looks great!! Nancy.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

Ahhhh these pictures all look great !! I love them. The beans have such pretty leaves ! The mailbox is a great idea. I love this sort of thing!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

Nancy seeing your garlic scapes reminded me I'd better get out there and cut mine off, great in stir fry, YUM!!!

Southern.... loving what you've done with those chairs. I had a bakers rack but my DIL snatched it up for their cabin on the lake before I could get it out in the garden LOL.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, Annette - I am thinking of a purpose for my scapes too - yummy!!

Nancy.

• southerngardening24
    9 years ago

Thank you! I'm not sure what I should put at the clematis' feet. DB had the chair idea. They sat beside the burn pile for a while and I just couldn't bring myself to burn them so I'm glad we made good use of them.

The baker's rack was given to me. It would have ended up at the trash dump. The only issue with it is that the table part is not wood and is coming apart. I'm not sure how to fix that.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just replace it with some cedar, or some wood that will stand up to the weather. Very cool.

Nancy.

• southerngardening24
    9 years ago

I meant I know I need to take that part off and replace it with something just haven't thought of anything we may have laying around that is the right size and can be used.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

All these pics are so pretty! Now, I wish I had brought my dad's wobbly unsafe old wooden ladder down here when we cleaned out the house several years ago. Obviously, I have no imagination! Now that you have inspired me, maybe I will just have to hit the garage sales!

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cynthia, that is why this ladder is in the garden - so unsafe!!
    But looks pretty cool. Hope your hunting is successful.

Nancy.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks