Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whats been in bloom June

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 17:40

Its been soggy and not sunny , whatever weeds you see are totally in your imagination=P

Usually my favorite time of day is to take pictures early evening, magic time here in Maine, with the diffused lighting and dappled shade, but you will be hard pressed to even find a sunny evening here right now.

Peony Felix Crousse showing both its stamens and hiding them..

photo felixcrousse-1_zpse39b5bc6.jpg

Blue Flag Iris, I haven't ever planted these, I have a white version as well, they sort of just show up in any garden Ive ever planted.

photo blueflag_zps6601d192.jpg

Hansa, big powerful scent, heavily sweet, fades to clove spice.

photo hansa-3_zps6cb9a2f9.jpg

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, feasting on Knuatia Macedonia "pastels"

photo easternswallowtail_zpsfbdb5fe4.jpg

bud on Fruhlingsduft, its a spicy scent on this rose, doesn't seem that powerful, but cut a few and bring them in and you really can smell them.

photo fruhlingsduftsemiopen_zps421e612e.jpg

Not all flowers here.. been harvesting spinach and lettuce for weeks, my peas are almost ready as well.

photo lettuce_zpsd9e3f6cb.jpg

Painted Daisy (robinson red, I have a light pink and dark pink version as well)

photo painteddaisy_zpsbc8f5eb1.jpg

Leucanthemum Vulare.. common name is oxeyed daisy, I keep some around in the back of the gardens, they make good filler plants.. However they can spread, I do cut mine all down every year.

photo daises_zpsf6b820c0.jpg

Double Scots white bush form

photo doublescotsbush_zps67688435.jpg

Close up...

photo doublescotswhite-1_zpsb9ae4313.jpg

Sparrows nest, nestled in my Quadra climbing rose..

photo sparrowsnest_zps24f2d0e8.jpg

first bloom on Quadra

photo quadra-2_zpseb32e95b.jpg

Blue Flax (linum)

photo bluefax_zpsc813f8d2.jpg

One of my dozen or so Tall bearded Iris

photo DSC_0120_zps3e38cf42.jpg

Camassia, a Northwest native, first saw it at Sharon Whitneys Japanese Iris farm early one year, found it locally for sale and picked it up.

photo DSC_0024_zps0999ba0b.jpg

Pink Pocket Weigela
 photo pinkpocketwig_zps20401207.jpg

I will stop for now..

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whats been in bloom June

I loved the tour of your blooms silverkelt, it looks beautiful and cool where you are!

o

Beautiful!

o

Beautiful gardens,and a good variety of colors.TFS
Kathi

o

Such lush green backdrops. I'd like that lettuce on my table tomorrow. Pink Pocket grows how tall?

o

Very nice gardens. Where did you find the seeds for those eggs?

o

Just so beautiful silverkelt--thank you for sharing so many lovely pictures. My peonies are just finishing up and the blanket flower & Echinacea are gearing up for their show but Campanula/bellflower, early wild daisies & Dianthus/carnations are offering a colorful display during the transition. Like the song from Carousel, June is busting out all over.

o

Oh, I love that peony! Are the stems sturdy enough that you don't have to stake it? Camassia is such a great plant. I'm not sure why it's not more widely offered and planted. Definitely one of my favorites in the spring.
Thanks for sharing such great pictures of wonderful spring goodies!

o

Wonderful variety of color and textures. That Iris is lovely.

o

Felix Crousse holds up very well with no staking, even in all of this ran its only nodded, Rasberry Sundae on the other hand I had to prop up with some cut maple stems a couple days ago.

Pink Pocket doesnt get that tall, maybe 3 feet total, but it has spread out to about 5 feet around.

o

Everything looks so good What a nice tour of the blooms. I especially like those first peonies.
kay

o

Lovely! It looks like many flowers are thriving despite the large quantity of rain New England has received.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here