Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantmaven

The hot weather is here

plantmaven
10 years ago

Yesterday and today have been 100.

"Go on now, go, walk out the door, just turn around now' Cause you're not welcome anymore

Read more: GLORIA GAYNOR - I WILL SURVIVE LYRICS I will survive.

Comments (12)

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

LOL! We're supposed to have 100 degree weather over the next few days, too! That's much too hot for our area, especially in June. My old fashioned roses are finally about to bloom (it was 60 the last two weeks) so I do not want this heat, either. May I sing along? :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

That's too hot for me. Just can't take the heat like I used to. This week we've had rain, sun, rain, sun, and the humidity is awful. This evening it has dropped to 64 - not bad.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OMG I just went out to check the temp. It is 2:08 p.m. my time and it is 106.

• ogrose_tx
    10 years ago

Yes, it's getting miserable out there! The temp isn't all that high, it's only 90, but it must be the humidity, my old age, who knows, I just can't take it! I'm hose watering tomatoes right now so as not to lose them, but most of my plants look like their gasping...except the roses, their holding up well.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

You guys are baking. I am so sorry. Our weatherman keeps talking about how hot you are, and I know it is miserable.
    kay

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BIG difference this morning. Rain, thunder, lightning, and 74 degrees. That blasted heat dome moved on to pester someone else.

• docmom_gw
    10 years ago

I'm so glad you are getting some relief, and hopefully a generous rain. I hope it lasts for you, and even more, I hope it stays down south away from me. I don't do heat well.

Martha

• valree3
    10 years ago

Very hot and very dry here. Record heat at 104 both yesterday and today. Looks like a small chance of rain (thunder clouds are building and lightening usually follows with our storms. We don't need lightening. Wildfires are scary!!!) June 19th I was covering my tomatoes because we hit 31 for a low. Plantmaven, glad that your weather has changed. Lavender Lass, I'll sing backup for you! Val

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The rain is gone, but the temps will be in the low 90 's for the next week. Which is our normal this time of the year.
    I could not have taken many days of 108. My a/c could not cool the house to 70 until about 4:00 a.m. Heat pump a/c only cools x amount of degrees below the outside temp. I think..... I am the Princess and the Pea. I like my creature comforts. Wait, maybe that was Goldilocks, everything just right...

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Very muggy here today. When I got home this afternoon I took a cup of coffee out to the garden. Pretty soon I was pulling a weed here, a weed there, ended up walking around the entire perimeter yanking stuff. Now I'm drenched with sweat and had to come in to sit in front of the fan awhile. One thing about all the rain it sure makes pulling weeds more easy.

• memo3
    10 years ago

We were hitting the upper 90's and then we got a short reprieve for several days in the 80's. Today was supposed to get to 81, the coolest day, but I think it got a lot warmer than that. I had to come in about 2:00. When that sun gets to it's highest in the sky, I'm just done for the day. Of course I've been working outside sun up to sunset for the past two weeks and I think the heat is just getting to me. Cooling off now, at 8:30 and I've got more planting to do in the veg garden before dark. Tomorrow back in the 90's. Still a LOT cooler than it was a year ago at this time!!

• flowergirl70ks
    10 years ago

Gee, we have already had 2 weeks of over a 100. The last 3 weeks of April we had 7 killing frosts. This week we are having what I would call normal for us, the high 80's.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts