Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Pictures from my garden today

organic_kitten
12 years ago

The Endless Summer hydrangea has come into its own:

{{gwi:701403}}

The Pink Butterfly bus and the agatache are similar colors and in close proximity:

{{gwi:701405}}

I transplanted the hummingbird mint in the fall form a site it didn't like...it's happy now:

{{gwi:701407}}

A patch of volunteer zinnias:

{{gwi:701409}}

The garden as seen from the street alongside the house:

{{gwi:701411}}

a view from the front:

{{gwi:701413}}

kay

Comments (13)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Wow, that's a nice hydrangea. And its so blue. Mine was getting pinkish tones last year but I moved them this spring so who knows what color they will bloom.

I betcha the hummingbirds really love the corner with the butterfly bush and the hummingbird mint.

You know I love the zinnias, so pretty. Daylilies look awesome and so much bloom. Love it!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Everything looks great! I can't believe how big your zinnias are already. I haven't even planted my seedlings out yet! I love all the daylilies together.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Rita,
    My soil is acidic, and I let it stay that way because I have a lot of azaleas nearby and also DH loves the shade of the hydrangea. Hummers do fight over that corner. Plus there is salvia there too.

thyme2dig,,,These zinnias planted themselves and they love heat! Me? Not so much and it was 97 today and supposed to be 99 tomorrow! It's the first of June. No rain in a long time now. Supposedly it is 91 right now, (19:45) and the heat index makes it feel like 97 now! Ah well. Zinnias do love it. Thank you for looking at my garden.
    kay

• irinas
    12 years ago

Love the daylilies; I am a new gardener and this forum is a great inspiration.

Thank you,

Irina

• mary_lu_gw
    12 years ago

Kay, lovely pictures and lovely gardens!

Your Endless Summer is beautiful! How old is it? I have several but unless I add acid they are a lovely pink. Oh well, would like the blue, but just never seem to think of adding it at the right time. I moved 3 of them last year and they are pouting a little this spring. But the 2 that I did not move are fairly short yet, but I see many small buds. So they will flower heavily too.

• Marie Tulin
    12 years ago

Just visiting....what a riot of color in the garden. I imagine it gives passersby such pleasure, no matter what kind of day they are having!
    Marie

• mytime
    12 years ago

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

LOVE your daylilies!!! One of the fav things my friend and I like to do, is drive by lovely yards like yours and drool!!! Just checked the weather here, 52 degrees!!! YUK! And raining! I'm off to Texas in 2 weeks and I'll probably MELT!!!lol!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for looking at my garden. Daylilies I have in abundance. Mary-lu, I would love to have the pink or the in-between purple, but what can I say...it is a gorgeous blue and DH comment on how much he likes it. It is three years old and has always bloomed all summer. It is in full shade, and seems to like it.

idabean, I do have people stop to look at the garden...even a FEMA person stopped to talk about my garden when I was painting the shed. I absolutely LOVE color. I love to be in the garden whether I'm planting, watering, weeding, or sitting.

Calamity, I post a lot of daylilies on the daylily forum. I wouldn't want to bore people with too many here, But I go from tulips to roses to iris to daylilies...those are my four seasons.

A couple of beds from today:

{{gwi:701415}}

{{gwi:701417}}

kay

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Kay, I am drooling over your dayliles - what a dream!

• roper2008
    12 years ago

I love the endless summer hydrangea. I bought one for my sister
    2 years ago. I bought it pink, but now it's blue. We have acidic
    soil too.

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Coveting, coveting, coveting, and drooling.

People here in central TX would kill for a blue hydrangea. We have 3" of native soil over solid limestone.

I hope I live long enough to have my daylilies spread like that. Maybe they would if I would quit giving some to my son. They have a new house and I can enjoy them there too.

Calamity ~ yes you will melt. When you park you car, besure to put an accordion shade thingy in the front window. Then you will be able to touch the steering wheel.
    We have already had a couple 100 degree days. When I got up this morning it was not humid and 70. That is unusual for this time of year.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Sooo pretty! I don't know how you stand that heat! I'm melting when it's 85 here - that's a hot day in the north! Daylilies have never seemed happy in my garden, maybe it's too cool for them. But I bought more last year so will wait and see.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz