Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fatplantguy

Ladyslipper orchid

Matt
11 years ago

I would really love to enjoy this terrestrial ground orchid, native to the northeast, in my garden. However, it's a little too rich for my blood. Priced at $49.99 it's the first time I've even seen one in person. I don't necessarily mind buying pricey plants if they are hardy- & on the lower maintenance side- aka not going to up and die/ wilt beyond repair if I forget about them for a week or two. I'd love to grab a few on the fall sale 50-75% off and see them bloom next spring May-June. What are every ones feelings on these beauties? I have to have one, but I am by no means recreating a "fen" or any of the many other nonsensical terms for bogish mineral rich natural sites these are fond of in nature. They will be grown in very well composted, loamy soil, but not a special botanical garden habitat. (My ferns, astilbe, and cimicifuga like the conditions) All experiences very welcome! Thank you!! :)

Comment (1)

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Where did you the plant? Under what conditions was it growing, in a greenhouse or special habitat? Even at 75% off it's pricey but if I really want something I give it a go. Not hurting anyone else's pocket but my own.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists