Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merilia

A perfect moment

Merilia
12 years ago

Yesterday I enjoyed a blissful morning outside. It was sunny and warm, and the late morning sun made everything glow. I've got countless gardening chores left to do, but instead I just wandered around watching the bees buzzing all over the lupines, nepeta and salvia, silently pleading the roses to finally open those buds they've been teasing me with for weeks, inspecting the seedlings in the veggie plot, and watching the cat follow me around. Times like these are why I bother to garden!

Kitty smells a flower

{{gwi:702732}}

And then he sees a bee!

{{gwi:702734}}

Comments (15)

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Your wording is perfect on how we gardeners feel. Sometimes we remember to stop and enjoy.

Pretty kit. Mirror stripes on his legs.

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

Oh yeah...sheer bliss! Your garden and your kitty are lovely.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

I agree with plantmaven on your perfect words for all of us! Yes your picture does look like a perfect moment. I love them and love your kitty. It all looks so peaceful. I love early morning with the sun glistening through the plants here and there with a few dew drops and the feeling of "ahhhhhhhh" as you walk around and soak it all in. I went out tonight to deadhead some of my daylilies so when I go on my walk in the morning they will be free of dead blooms hanging here and there and I can enjoy the fresh new blooms. I do have tons of weeds to pull but tomorrow is going to be dedicated to pruning and just enjoying what shows its pretty face. Thanks for sharing, Judy

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

Love the cat.

Love the flowers.

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

I love your photos. I had a kitty that adored the garden, and I have a lovely picture of her so similar to yours. A woman I met on this Cottage Garden forum and became "email friends" with some years ago drew it and sent it to me.
    Your photo reminded me of my old friend today. Both of them.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

So sweet. And you're right, those colors were glowing.

• Cher
    12 years ago

Your garden shots are lovely and the cat is adorable.
    Cher

• onederw
    12 years ago

Merilia -- Is that salvia May Night that your pretty kitty is checking out?

Kay

• Merilia
    Original Author
    12 years ago

onederw: That's the one! The whole bed is newly planted so they're still tiny :-)

• daffodillady
    12 years ago

The first picture would make a lovely puzzle!

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    12 years ago

What a lucky kitty to be out in the sunshine and such a pretty garden spot. And isn't wandering around in the garden the best time ever? I'm glad you had your camera with you. Lovely photos.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Wonderful pictures. That is the marvelous thing about cats. Around here, all would be action shots with the dogs rampaging through the plants to get that darn bee!

Your garden is beautiful as is kitty!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Super cute ;-) Every cottage garden needs a cat to complete the "picture" I think.

WHAT!!?? You are getting sunshine over there while over here in Spokane we are being drenched with more rain?! If you get a chance, see if you can't blow some nice weather my way, LOL.
    Lovely pics and kitty
    CMK

• cindysunshine
    12 years ago

What a charming post and yes that photo captures it perfectly. Cats are so ornamental in the garden mine follow me around all the time, too.

And a good reminder that we need to stop and enjoy the garden. Smile.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Merilia, I just love those pictures. Your kitty looks so content in the garden. I love the way she's almost pointing in the 2nd picture like a dog would. She sure is stalking that bee! Beautiful.