Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maozamom

Pictures from the garden tour

maozamom NE Ohio
11 years ago

Preparing for the tour was a lot a work but from the great response we received I think it was worth it. The path on the north side of house was finished just in time. Daylilies and phlox were blooming early, what great luck. The only problem was the position of the sun when I took the pictures, many were worth keeping.

mao

Here is a link that might be useful: Garen tour album

Comments (14)

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

Everything looked perfect! Wow, so beautiful.
    So how did you get the "stuff" in your path, the non-stones to stay down. I love that look: a mosaic walkway of larger items.
    The fascinators are beautiful!
    I love the pops of red in the daylilies and the coneflowers and how well they look with the house. I bet you had tons of compliments! Well done!!

• DYH
    11 years ago

My husband was looking over my shoulder to take your photo tour. We love the iron work pieces in the paths!

Your vintage glass art is so unique and beautiful! Your entire garden is so lovely, no wonder it is on a garden tour. I'm sure your visitors where thrilled.

Thanks for linking to your photos.

Cameron

• cindysunshine
    11 years ago

How beautiful and unique. I, too, really love the paths with the mosaic of texture.. Is that concluded hot papaya or something like that very pretty...and I love your greenhouse. How did you get started with the glass pieces very cool. Great job and now you can sit back and relax for the rest of the summer and enjoy all your hard work.

• cindysunshine
    11 years ago

Darn spell corrector on my iPad...asking if that is echinacea hot papaya? Apparently it corrected coneflower above LOL.

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

What an interesting and beautiful garden! I love your paths and house as well. Thank you for sharing!

• adriennemb2
    11 years ago

Congratulations on your successful garden tour. Love those paths! They've given me great ideas for my own side yard. Thank you :)
    @ cindysunshine - have you ever seen this website?

Here is a link that might be useful: damnyouautocorrect

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I have an old furnace register grate that just might have a new home after seeing your garden. Lots of inspiration in those paths.

• maozamom NE Ohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words.

The path has been laid on a layer of "base". which is just crushed stone and gravel.

Yes Cindy, it is Echinacea Hot papaya. Some of the flowers are poorly formed, so I'm holding judgement on this one for a while. I found the glass totems here on Garden Web in the Garden Junk forum.

Our hosta club is coming on the 7th. After that I plan to sit back and let the weeds grow for a while.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Fantastic photo tour! I love your paths. Your greenhouse is the cutest ever. Thanks for sharing it- I'll be back.
    Renee

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    11 years ago

It looks like you have been having a lot of fun with your garden. Love that green glass birdbath and all the items you incorporated into the pathway. Very different. Great house too. Everything looks well cared for and you definitely deserve to sit back and enjoy it for awhile.

• lavendrfem
    11 years ago

I so enjoyed the garden tour - you are so creative! Beautiful and whimsical....

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    11 years ago

This is one of the best examples of how to add spontaneity and whimsy into the garden I have seen in a long time! You have great style and great taste. I'm in love with your pathway (and the hostas lining it ;-). Awesome idea. Just curious though, do you find it difficult to walk on the raised wrought iron parts? So they are just lying in gravel and not set in concrete?

I'm envious of your greenhouse/cold frame!!! Guessing that it is made with old windows?? It is absolutely adorable. Love the surrounding pond/garden nook too.

Your house is wonderful too- so vibrant and colorful.
    I thoroughly enjoyed your garden tour. Thanks so much!
    CMK

• Martina DeLuca
    11 years ago

Just beautiful! Love the paths. People are always giving away different style pavers, bricks, etc. it's a great idea to do an eclectic path. Thanks for sharing.

Tina

• maozamom NE Ohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The items are set in base, which includes varying amounts of gravel. This is only meant as a garden path, if we just want to get to the backyard we use the other side of the house. That's where the side doors and driveway are located, so it's much more convenient. So far no one has had a problem with the path. Our second garden tour was yesterday, so there's been quite a bit of traffic. Hardy anyone even noticed what they were walking on yesterday, because they were from the Hosta Society and were busy looking at the hosta.

The base was the only expense for this project. The metal pieces were lying around the house and the brick and stone were from the previous path.

We made the greenhouse five years ago mostly from old windows we picked up at an auction for two dollars. At that time there weren't any pictures posted on the internet of this. We had to come up with the plans ourselves, and we had never built anything with a roof before. We were so proud of it and ourselves when we finished.

My Dh came home with a big round fiberglass tub about 4' round and 1' deep for free, that I think we'll make into a miniature garden. Then Thursday he came home from work with an antique cane cutter for just $30 that will make a great garden ornament. I use to be the creative one but he's really picked up the bug too.