Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dutchman's pipe

Posted by ianna Z5b (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 19:26

Do any of you have this vine and what are your experiences about this plant? So many years ago, I bought this vine and planted it in the garden at my former home. When I moved I took it with me, forgot it's name, replanted it and forgot all about it. It hasn't bloomed in all these years. It's over 6 years old now. growing very well but no flowers. What am I doing wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dutchman's pipe

I have never had any flowers on mine, so I moved it. Now it WILL NOT DIE here. It comes up every year in the middle of a shrub I planted in it's hold home (which drives me nuts) and along the rose border as soon as it gets hot.
It spread like wildfire here. But no blooms! If it had it's freaky blooms I could have dealt with it's rampant ways...

I hope yours does not have the behavior problem mine did!

o

I have one growing on the north side of the house and it blooms every year, I have to keep after it or it will take over the yard, I never fuss with it and the only time it gets watered is when it rains.they hate to be fussed over and do better in a damp soil mine sits in the shade garden

Bear

o

gardenbear, that is a lovely shade garden! I have about the same amount of space that I want to do something similar in, eventually. Yours is lovely with so many foliage colors.

o

I like the courtyard feel to your garden gardenbear and the 'finds' you have there. I bet the peagravel makes that really nice sound as you walk on it.

GGG & Gardenbear

Thanks for the feedback on the vine. Mine hasn't been as prolific as has the you mentioned. It's just strange that it's not flowered for m. I'll bear in mind that I'd have to cut it back severely each fall.

Ianna

o

That's beautiful! It looks like you have about as much room as I do! I live right in the city so...I know the feeling!

o

that side yard was a trash heap when I moved in here 7 years ago, after clearing it out I found some ferns growing so I planted some shade plants and then some more, I keep looking for just a little more space for maybe one more plant and I seem to find it

Bear

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 10:46

Ianna, I'm sorry, I am not familiar with the plant you are asking about. I just wanted to let GardenBear know what a great little shade garden she has created. What a great place to rest and read a book.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here