Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cenepk10

Planted the start of an Allee today !

cenepk10
10 years ago

Fine Gardening Dec 2012 issue article " Create a Laid Back Allee " using Oak Leaf Hydrangeas by Hella Peterson was my inspiration - The article suggested the following cultivars : Alice, Harmony , Roanoke or Allison. I had to go off the board and use Semmes Beauty because that's all my garden centers have- As it is, Semmes Beauty grows to 12 ft tall and 10 ft wide ! The perfect cultivar for this application ! So far, I have 2 planted on either side of a 6' gate, inside of the back yard on the right side of my property. I want to go back and get 2 more for the outside of the gate. The article states this will produce a beautiful Allee in only 3 years !

I will post pics of the article in case it takes you 1.5 weeks to put your hands back on your magazine like it did me. I attended an Art in the Garden sale - And the hostess reminded me when I commented on her ENORMOUS oskleaf hydrangea.

I am uploading this pics from my phone & pray they don't post sideways ! Keep your green thumbs crossed !

Comments (3)

Sponsored