Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

6/15 Peonies, Roses and More.

silverkelt
11 years ago

Its been a year of rain, bugs and weeds, in between those things, I have managed to capture a few pictures, not much in bush form this year. We had 9 inches of rain in less then 24 hours a couple weeks ago, it devestated the garden, everything was brought down to the ground... oh well. Such is Life of a gardener. We take the good, the bad, the years of plenty the years of lean, we learn , weep, cry for joy, run acroos the yard to smell a flower and move on.

Peony Bowl Of Beauty , it is very pretty, but alas it burns quick, see buds, blooms full, then next day already going limp.

{{gwi:704430}}

{{gwi:704432}}

Peony Rasberry Sundae, its been gorgeous, it also lasts for quite awhile.

{{gwi:704435}}

Peony Felix Crouse

{{gwi:704438}}

Roses have started, with visions of granduer , turned to dust with that massive flooding rain we had, however, even if they are all drooping and the bushes are less then steller.. it doesnt stop the scent!

First year in my garden, scented perfection, as many of the albas are, my favorite is still great maidens blush, but Felecite Parmentier might be second for its quaility and quanity of scent.

{{gwi:283713}}

Second year Alchemist, what a wonderful colour , hopefully it will remain happy.

{{gwi:283715}}

{{gwi:704441}}

If outdone in quanity of scent by the albas, no rose to me capture exquisite qaulilty like Duchesse De Montebello, its much lighter, like memories of a scents I remember strolling along the embassy row in dublin and the the embassies gardens wafting over thier walls.

{{gwi:704442}}

A oddity, Fruhlingsduft, had tip damage this year, so not great bush shot, just sparse blooms here and there.

{{gwi:283711}}

A moss , Henri Martin, nicely scented, if not strong, with pops of pure deep pink, red tone flowers.

{{gwi:704443}}

Quanity of scent, cloves in droves, is like most rugosas to me, Hansa,

{{gwi:283709}}

Quadra, if quadra had scent, it would be a king among roses, alas, we take its health, its vigor, its form and colour instead, we live without the scent for now.

{{gwi:704444}}

Queen of Denmark, like all albas nicely scented, this has been a slow grower.

{{gwi:283705}}

Robert Le Diable, a rarity.

{{gwi:283707}}

Unknown Gallica, shipped by pickering years ago, a mistake, Joel never could figure out what it was, he even contacted the orginal seller , who knows, its just a spectacular rose for me though...

{{gwi:283703}}

Second Year for John Davis, cant wait for it to grow up...

{{gwi:283717}}

Cardinal de Richelieu

There is no rose quite like this one in color, not the best pictre, I will try to capture another later.

{{gwi:704446}}

Charles De Mills, perfect flat rose, not much scent to my nose though.

{{gwi:704449}}'

Dianthus Artic Fire

{{gwi:426758}}

diffrent perspective

{{gwi:704453}}

Blanketflower

{{gwi:704456}}

Columbine

{{gwi:704459}}

False indigo

{{gwi:426759}}

Sage in flower

{{gwi:704464}}

Appleblossom Yarrow

{{gwi:426760}}

Couple more Tall Bearded, I would love to give you the names, however, the order I placed for these a few years ago, I didnt save, dont ask me why, I almost always do...

{{gwi:704468}}

{{gwi:704472}}

Bachelor Button touched by the sun..

{{gwi:704475}}

Silverkelt

Comments (9)

• cindysunshine
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

What beautiful blooms! How about more of how it all fits together in your garden love the arbor with roses ultimate romantic.

Peonies have been over here in central Illinois for a month. They are over so quickly. You have a gorgeous array.

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cindy there isnt much to see in terms of overall garden this year.. Ill give you some examples, the rain made all of my rose bushes and lots of other perenials lay flat to the ground, nothing is supposed to take the amount of rain we had in that short of time.

Duchesse drowned by rain..

{{gwi:704477}}

Front Garden side

{{gwi:704479}}

Path.. this actually looked better a week ago with double scots in bloom..

{{gwi:704481}}

I have better looking spots but just overall, I have to enjoy individual blooms this year and forgo the overall scheme.

Silverkelt

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear about the deluge. Some parts of MN had about nine inches of rain on Thursday. That is what we had during the whole month of May.

Fortunately you were able to capture some individual blossom's beauty in your photos. The overall photos help us to see how they all go together and don't look as bad to us as they may to you.

Article Fire is one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing.

• MilaB
    11 years ago

So beautiful! Is it weird that amid all those lovely peonies and roses, I particularly enjoyed that yarrow?

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

What a beautiful picture of peony Raspberry Sundae!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Your garden is enchanting. I love Alchemist and Felicite P. the best of the roses, but they are all wonderful. That first photo of the peony is the prettiest I have ever seen of my favorite peony. I would love to see it in real life.

Your first iris is Persian Berry, one of my favorites. I'm not sure about the second.

Thanks for the tour- I will be back.
    Renee

• tussiemussies
    11 years ago

Peony and rose are two of my favorite flowers! Yours are beautiful!

• gardenbear1
    11 years ago

Your Roses and peonies are really great looking, The rain didn't hurt my ponies, just wish they would bloom longer,the rain was hard on the roses,but I still have lots of blooms on them

Bear

• mytime
    11 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Your photo of Cardinal de Richelieu makes me think of my fuchsias.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus