Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

'Oh the weather outside is frightful' ...

cziga
12 years ago

More of what's blooming in my garden ... before the thunderstorms came and knocked everything over :(

Weigela "Wine and Roses":

{{gwi:705287}}

Scabiosa/Pincuchion Flower "Pink Mist":

{{gwi:705289}}

Rose "Molineux" (David Austin) about to bloom:

{{gwi:705291}}

I do love this area of the garden in the Spring:

{{gwi:705293}}

{{gwi:705295}}

Clematis "Niobe", first bloom of the year. Such a rich red:

{{gwi:705297}}

Clematis "Josephine" peeking through the fence, with some peonies about to bloom. I'm loving this Clematis this year ... she spent all of last year pouting and sitting there, and put out just a few frilly pink blooms (but not fully double or developed ones). This Spring, she's grown like crazy and I love the double blooms!!

{{gwi:705298}}

Bee on the Lupine:

{{gwi:705300}}

Irises:

{{gwi:705302}}

"Orinoco Flow":

{{gwi:705304}}

{{gwi:705305}}

"Immortality":

{{gwi:705307}}

NoID - if anyone knows which Iris this is, please let me know:) Beautiful nonetheless:

{{gwi:705310}}

Peonies are starting to bloom here too ...

"Bowl of Beauty" - first year this one has bloomed too:

{{gwi:705314}}

"Shirley Temple":

{{gwi:705317}}

Comments (9)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

...but those flowers are so delightful!

Everything is so pretty. Those peonies are wonderful...and the iris...and the lupines...just delightful!!

• on_greenthumb
    12 years ago

Gorgeous - and lucky you for getting the bee on the lupine all I've been getting since the storms started are snails. They are having lovefests all over my lupines.....GRRRR

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Gorgeous,some of those pictures look like Monet's garden.Love that white iris with the purple throat ,and those peonies are to die for,wish we could grow those.Beautiful gardens!!!
    Kathi

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Beautiful!!!! Luv the irises and clems! Heck Everything!!!

• ianna
    12 years ago

I love your combination of using oriental poppies with the lupins and iris. I have a lupin and peony combination with a salmon bearded iris combo. I will see if I can find a poppy to add to the mix.

Ianna

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Absolutely wonderful...delightful too...haha.

It is so dry and hot here. So your pictures are very refreshing.

Kathy

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

cziga, I love your pictures, everything looks so fresh and springy. Finally this year I am going to get serious about growing iris.

It's HOT here in Texas, shows 97 Degrees and similar for the next 5 days. Too hot for this time of the year for sure. Needless to say, our plants will shut down their blooming until this is over (September?). Ah well, there's always Fall to look forward to!

• cziga
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for all the comments :)

The Poppy/Lupine/Iris combination actually came about by accident several years ago. But I really loved the way it looked when I saw it in the Spring ... when the dogs happened to kill both the original poppy and lupine, I planted new ones. The original lupine was pink, and the original poppy was pale ... but I actually think I like this combination better, with the darker purple and the pink poppy against the yellow irises.

Ianna - I also love the way Lupines look with Peonies ... I have that combination in another area of the garden, which should start blooming and looking pretty in several days. I've never thought of adding an Iris or Poppy by the Peonies, but that's an interesting idea too. I'd love to see photos of yours :)

OgRose - I'm planning to start expanding my Iris collection too, this year. Irises and Lillies ... I want more :) Once you see them blooming, its hard not to!

• cziga
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Also, about that NoID Iris ... I also posted on the Iris forum to see if anyone knew what it was. Someone suggested "Stairway to Heaven", which seems like a good possibility.

Does anyone have or grow the Iris "Stairway to Heaven"? Does this look like yours?

Sponsored