Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

A Friends Texas garden

Calamity_J
12 years ago

Just went to visit a friend of mine and LOVED her garden! She lives in Texarkana TX, and the water fountain and other garden art is made by her, she is such an inspiration! I fell in Love with the coneflower, Hot papaya, which I didn't realize, I just bought last year, but it doesn't bloom here for another month! I was only there a week but it was so nice to see so many plants that are blooming already...and her tomatoe plants were producing tons of nice yummy tomatoes! I told her about my composting and she went out and bought one and started even before I left! Us gardeners love our black gold!

{{gwi:705498}}

{{gwi:705501}}

{{gwi:705505}}

{{gwi:705508}}

{{gwi:705511}}

{{gwi:705514}}

{{gwi:705517}}

{{gwi:705519}}

Comments (20)

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

HAHAHA! only in Texas would your neighbor have a tractor in the front drive.

Very talented person.
    Are you headed this way? I forgot whom I gave my phone # here on Cottage. And that I would buy them lunch.

Kathy

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

WoW!!! That's some garden art, thanks for sharing pics from your trip Jane. I spent the day dunging out part of the long flower bed, hope to get more of it done tomorrow morning.

Pssst, Art Knapps has a lot of stuff on sale, you should check it out, I just went out to replace a honeysuckle that was winter killed but you know how that goes :).

Annette

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Thanks calamity j. It's always fun to see a garden through the eyes of a visitor. You've shown us some different views of slowmedown's garden. It's beautiful and those mosaics work so great with all the flowers. I love that pillar, great inspiration.

LOL, Kathy, that's what I thought too.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I love the lady. Maybe I could do something like her...next year, too many projects already this year.

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

Your friend is very talented!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Hey, yall. I'm the friend in TX. I hang out on the Stained Glass/Mosaic side, and occasionally check out the Junk side. When CALAM sent me this yesterday evening, I was blown away. We crammed so much into that week, it boggles my mind to think of it. WHAT a WONDERFUL visit we had. Re the tractor - neighbors on both sides are - uh, shall we say curb appeal challenged - neither of them keep their yards. The rest of the neighborhood looks neat as can be. Thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

• Cher
    12 years ago

Your friend is extremely talented. Her gardens are gorgeous.
    Cher

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

WOW! I absolutely love her mosaic paths and her fountain!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Love her gardens and my favorte thing is the lady's head.I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years.We can grow some grass here that looks like blonde hair,and i told dh and DGD awhile ago that if i could find a head,i was gonna plant some of that grass in it.
    TFS
    Kathi

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

What a fun garden! And so much talent to be making such a big water feature!! Love those tiles in the pathway especially.
    Thanks for sharing more garden art calamity_j!
    CMK

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing these pics, Jane! Shows a lot of creativity and I'd describe it as a unique, fun, interesting, pretty, and well-tended garden.

The climate in Texas must have been quite a change from rainy ol' BC! Can't believe how much rain we're having this year.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kathi: You come over to the Gardenweb mosaic and stained glass forum and you can learn how to make your own!!! I think I took about 100+ pic of Betty's garden, even more than I have taken of my own yard!ha! I am already trying to convince a fellow Gardenweb friend who lives in town, to go back to visit Betty next year!!! We may go early in the year tho and avoid the heat...even tho it sure was a nice change from the strangely overcast weather we currently have.

• amerique2
    12 years ago

Love seeing Slow's garden with her wonderful mosaics! Know you're visit was grand. Thanks for sharing the pics!

• stjohnsgypsy_aol_com
    12 years ago

Just awesome...I can't find the right words!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Wow! Its wonderful to see thw whole garden view!
    Kathy

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! Gorgeous!!! Awesome!!!! And I'm SO envious!!!!!
    Where can I find a head?

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Thanks Calamity for the invite.I don't know why i havn't ever been over to that forum.
    Kathi

• tbledsaw
    12 years ago

Wow! You have a lot of talent! I love all of it, but particularly I love the mosaic! The sidewalk art is interesting. I recently acquired 9 full boxes of ceramic tile and have been going over in my head all of the possibilities. You've definitely given me a lot of inspiration! Thanks!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I haven't even posted the pics of the back yard, so here are a few...I cannot capture the whole back yard, it has a lovely covered patio w/french doors to the house.

{{gwi:165604}}

{{gwi:165606}}

{{gwi:165607}}

• flowergirl1211
    12 years ago

Whoever this person is, certainly has an eye for art. It's gorgeous. I love those tall lilies, by chance do you know the name of them?
    Thanks,

Linda

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus