Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whats been blooming in June so far

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 11 at 20:21

I really wish I had a better camera, Im using what was a top of the line hybrid from almost 8 years ago a Minolta Z2 at the time I bought it, it was one of the first cameras out with 4.0 megapixels.. Im still using the darn thing.. and Im getting frumpy with it. I ordered a new camera for myself for christmas.. and it was promptly put on backorder. I really want a DSLR but I get greedy becuase I want one that shoots HD video so I can use it for the kids and around 12 mps or better.. of course I could stop buying plants and seeds and such and afford it, but whats the fun of that... =P

I didnt know what one looked better of the pink Pyrethrum dasies.. so I offer two

Photobucket

Photobucket

pink poppet wiegala close up

Photobucket

bush form

Photobucket

A early combo, we are a little behind here.. Ive also lost lots of stuff from last years drought.. ah well such is life, it will be replaced by stuff eventually, this years garden will look a tad more spotty hole wise

Photobucket

Tuttie Frutti Lupine.. not as gorgeous as last year.. another plant that didnt like drought.. but did survive, so hopes for it next year

Photobucket

Hardy Geranium in bush shot.. a lovely free caring perennial that will have very little needs.

Photobucket

close of of Double Scots White.. bush form over on antique forum all of my roses are ready to pop and should have a good display in a few weeks hopefully.

Photobucket

Columbine.. grows in pockets here and there.. I started more.. I really need to break down and get some bulk packages to start.. I want some drifts of these instead of pockets..

Photobucket

Hansa Rose a wonderful northern rose.

Photobucket

close up after it fully opens

Photobucket

Some No Id TB Iris.. this one I bought.. and its not even close to the name of the thing I bought, since it was supposed to be a fully pink one. So who knows

Photobucket

this one I traded for, with another 12 or so from a lady who was parting with her no ids, I took them for a simple swap of a few packets of seeds I think.

Photobucket

Oriental Poppy.. Beuaty of Livermore.. lots of orange tones, becuase of the early morning sun.. a little more reddish than this. I think I need more poppy seeds for next year.. Took 3 years to get this one to flower though!

Photobucket

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whats been blooming in June so far

I especially like your pink daisies - I've never seen those before:)

o

Your garden is very pretty and I love the pink daiseys. Not a color I am used to seeing daisey's in but it sure looks good. I especially like the garden view showing the Lupines and the Lupine Closeup. You know I just love Lupines.

Do you let the Lupines self seed? Maybe you could get more plants that way.

o

• Posted by pippi21 Zone 6b Silver Sprin (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 8, 11 at 21:50

Those pink pyrethrum daisies..beautiful! Are they the same as painted daisies? How tall do they get? Did you grow them yourself from seed or buy plants locally?

o

I don't know what I like best...the pink daisies or the tutti-frutti lupines. but they are both really just beautiful

o

Oh, the pink poppet wigelia is super! So cute!! I love miniature shrubs. Your garden looks pretty and I love the way you have rocks in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here