Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peonys

Posted by sanitycheck Mi5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 21:24

What is wrong with mine. Earlier i thought maybe DH had got a little fertilizer on one plant and a small section wilted. Most of them have some wilt now, dropped blooms and just look sickley. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peonys

Try googling botrytis and see if that fits what you are experiencing. Excessively rainy, cold weather can encourage it.
Flora

o

Great suggestion but thats not what im seeing. Im going to continue Googling tho, why didnt i think of that? Thanks!

o

please post what you find out. mine are first year. so they are drooping from the weight of the flower. but they are also wilting now. but, we have not had rain this week. i was just happy to get a bloom. next year we will stake them.

o

The exact same thing is happening to my recently planted Gay Paree peony - a section has wilted ...

o

I'd post this on the peony forum, with pictures. That would be a great place to get answers!

o

After much Googlying i have to go with the botyrtis thought. I did slip over to the peony site and pics there arent exactly what i see but i dont see anything else that it may be.So will it kill it off completly or is it just a this year prob?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here