Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quilt_mommy

Evening Primrose - Weed or Flower?

quilt_mommy
14 years ago

Hi - I'm still relatively new to gardening, and I just discovered I have a couple of these (evening primroses) in my garden. About three years ago I bought some bee balm and something else that I can't remember from a lady in town who was thinning her garden. Unfortunately, the bee balm didn't seed, although I'd hoped they would, and the other I just can't remember for the life of me what it was! I'm wondering if this evening primrose could have been what I bought and planted back then...I remember it coming up last year, and I could't tell if it was a weed or a flower, so I potted one and kept it around for weeks, and I felt silly babying this thing that was probably a weed, so finally, I tossed it. I have no idea where it came from unless this was what I bought and I can't remember, or maybe some of the seeds were in the potted up plants I'd purchased from someone.

Do they go by any other name? If it IS from the plant I bought years ago, I'm sure it wasn't labeled as a primrose. **scratches head*** Lol*

Oh, and is it a weed after all??? LOL***

Comments (7)

Sponsored