Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a better pic of the owls

Posted by plantmaven 8b/9a TX (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 22:10

There are 3 a baby on the left, and adult on the right and another adult above the one on the right.

Not in the pic are 2 more babies.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a better pic of the owls

So cute, great picture! Owls are usually pretty shy. We haven't seen them here this year at all.

o

That is so neat. And they are so cute.

o

Love them!

o

How lucky you are. Bet they keep the mice and voles away too.

o

Thanks for looking. They are still out there today.
I am concerned they might get the cardinal fledglings. Otherwise I am enjoying watching them.
I did not know that owls' eyes are in a fixed position. They have to turn their heads to look at something.

o

TFS I love seeing owls! I'm sure there are lots of owls here altho I'm not usually out when they are so seldom see them and rarely have my camera handy. I wish I could have gotten a pic of a great horned owl having a 'stand-off' with our large Maine Coon cat one evening. My DH grabbed the cat that time but later he was attacked, perhaps by the owl, and sustained injury and he then became an indoor-only cat.

o

they are soo cute. lucky you for getting pics too.

o

I guess it's like human parents, in reverse: instead of diurnal to nocturnal, these poor owl parents are up ALL DAY tending to their youngins!

o

This is so neat! The one on the left has the most endearing expression!

o

What sort of owls are they?

o

I know nothing about owls. But from some reach we think they are whiskered screech owls or eastern screech owls. My neighbor (a sportsman) looked at them and said they are about 7 inches tall. And that my dog is most likely bigger than they. She weighs 6 lbs.
They were not out there this morning.

o

Oh, I hope they haven't left. They are soooo cute. I had a baby white one "crash" on my front porch one night. I think it had gotten confused and saw the light coming from inside and flew into our glass windows. When I went out it was just sitting there so I grabbed my camera. It was a baby white owl and left about an hour later. Sooooo cute though. Thanks for sharing, Judy

o

I hope this does not offend anyone.

My mother used to tell a joke about an owl flying into a window.
A vet lived in the house and took him in. He noticed he had bad tonsils and hemroids. So he took care of both. After he revived he fly back to his tree. A month later his owl friend from the other side of the forest came to visit. He looked down at the house and said, " I wonder what's going on down there?".
The first owl said Don't go down there. I did once and now I can's..t worth a hoot or hoot worth a s..t.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here