Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennypat_gw

Inspired by Tasha Tudor

I love Tasha Tudor, and I have the books about her and her gardens. The biggest thing I learned by reading them was to cut my flowers and bring them in the house. Which I did today, not the best picture but I love the arrangement!

Jenny P

Here is a link that might be useful: Today's picture

Comments (18)

• pat_tea
    11 years ago

Beautiful. . .

• mandolls
    11 years ago

That lily and ladies mantle combination looks even better in a vase than it does in the garden! I am going to cut some of mine this morning to add to the vase of lilies I have.

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    11 years ago

Looks fantastic! So beautiful.

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I love the look too. Nothing makes a person smile more than walking into a room and seeing a bouquet. Now you have me wondering what I can gather in my own garden - not too much right now. What are the purple flowers? I'm wracking my brain because for some reason I never can remember the name no matter how many times my friend Lana reminds me. She has them all over her borders and even in the gravel in her driveway!

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Schoolhouse, those are Delpiniums, every year some get so they fall over, so I put them in the vase!

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

jennypat, that is absolutely gorgeous, and so in keeping with your dining room!

Here in Texas, we're winding down except for a few Texas toughies that will bloom all summer.

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

jennypat, I was thinking of Larkspur, but after you told me now I see yours are Delph. Thanks. Pretty color.

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I do have larkspur growing, it has just started blooming. I only have a couple small plants this year....don't know why I hadn't thought about them til now.

• DYH
    11 years ago

So lovely! You're quite talented with arranging.

My son and his wife sent us a bouquet of lilies a few months ago. All were buds and everyday, I loved to see how many of the lilies had opened!

Cameron

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Cameron, I chuckle at that, I didn't arrange it, I just put it in the vase. After posting the picture here, I noticed that one of the lilies looks like it's growing a lamp!

These lilies smell wonderful!!

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    11 years ago

I love the bouquet and the room it is sitting in. Very very pretty! I enjoyed Tasha Tudor books too. What kind of lilies are they?

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The pink one is Pixie something, the yellow ones are called "Golden Splendor", both are asiatic.

Thanks
    Jenny P

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Just Lovely!!! I have been picking bouquets for hubby to enjoy! Sorta roll reversal(lol), me bringing him flowers!heh heh!

• lavendrfem
    11 years ago

Your flower arrangement is beautiful! Love your room too!

• party_music50
    11 years ago

I agree -- gardeners should have some of their fresh-cut flowers on the table at all times. It makes me feel so much better seeing them. :)

I love your bouquet -- the green must be Lady's Mantle, which I've never grown or seen grown! I'll have to get some of that. I love your room and decor too!

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

jennypat, is that an oak table you have in your dining room? I have one that looks just like yours, we got it from my mil in Michigan in the early 60's, it was in their basement, she got it from her mother, who had bought it used! My kids can't understand why I don't want to buy a new dining table, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yep, it's an oak table, I love it, except for the wobble. When we bought this 100 year old house I knew right away the diningroom needed an old oak table that matched it. Luckily the neighbor about 1 mile away had and auction that year, and I got the table I wanted, AND was in my budget. I got chairs too, but we use this everyday, and the chairs just didn't hold up, one by one they fell apart and broke.

• ginnier
    11 years ago

My dad, bless him, always liked to work with furniture. Just want you to think about getting someone to tighten up your table, glue it better, or put some shims in. Amazing how $50 would go toward that. Wish he was around; he'd have volunteered to do it for ya.......sniff. He just had the knack for that kind of stuff.