Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late Spring Efflorescence

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 23:02

Abundant rain has produced abundant flowers.

Spigelia lasts long in the shade garden:

Roses often had a short life in the rain:
Frederic Mistral:

Elina has been long lasting regardless. Here in early stages:

But also beautiful in the twilight of its life (here with campanula glomerata, which is invasive, but striking):

Jasmina can discolor in the rain, like most soft pinks:

The cobalt blue of Canterbury bells is welcome:

Larkspur at a hospital garden I tend:

That garden is showing a lot of color:

Banana Cream daisy in that garden:

Delighted to find a Watchman hollyhock this year:

Lavender Hidcote Superb in full bloom (with Rozanne):

And the pots are filling out too:

Yes, much too long, but so much in bloom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late Spring Efflorescence

It isn't a singe bit too long. he pictures are truly lovely, Mantis. The lavender and geranium are so pretty together. The roses are especially beautiful, and your Caterbury bells are so very pretty. the hospital garden is a delightful mix of colors Everything looks really nice.
kay

o

Absolutely beautiful, mantis! I especially like the Watchman's Hollyhock and the colors in your pot in the last picture.

o

Solena begonias are the focal point in the pot. They are the most sun tolerant that I have found of the larger begonias. Here's another pot that also has the solenas.

o

All of your photos are lovely. I really like the color combination of blue-purple and red-orange in that last photo of the pot.

This post was edited by nhbabs on Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 7:41

o

That pot is gorgeous!
kay

o

I wish I could plant containers like that. Everything in your garden is so vibrant. Very nice colors. Yellow and blue has been my new favorite palette for the last couple years.

o

I use a few reliable plants in nearly all of my containers: angelonia, calibrachoa, alyssum (the regular, smaller type is actually more useful), trailing verbena, maybe a few larger petunias (mainly pale yellow), and vining geranium. Of course, in the pots above I used the solena begonias, but they cannot take full sun, and tend to give out in mid-July. Still, they are so vibrant, I can't resist using them in some pots.

o

OMG everything is so pretty and such vibrant colors.I love what you have done with the pots,especially that last one,that is beyond beauty.
I'll have to go back and look again,and again.Love them all.TFS
Kathi

o

My Goodness, how did I miss the gorgeous post. So many vibrant colors.
I love the watchman hollyhock.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here