Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cardwellave

Before and after front garden

cardwellave
12 years ago

Purchased my house this time last year (closed May 6th 2010). I was 19 when I bought the house, I was charmed by its cottage/craftsman style and I thought it had TONS of potential. While the front garden hasn't bloomed yet, it is starting to settle in and I can't wait for July/August and everything to bloom! Please excuse the dead grass and bags/cans of sod that are behind the fence!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comments (14)

• on_greenthumb
    12 years ago

Wow - it's going to be stunning when it's mature!!! Love your fencing!!!

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

You are doing well for a 20 year old.

You will have much pleasure decorating the house and filling the yard with your ideas.

I can see that you really love it.

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

Very impressive that you would be purchasing a home at your age AND creating a HOME of your vision. It looks like you are working very hard to bring your vision to life. Lovely job!

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Wow, love what you have done to the front! You are very wise for your age - and patriotic too!!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

I also love what you have done so far,it looks lovely.Love the red door,that's what i'm hoping to do this year(red door)Love all the patriotic stuff as well.
    TFS
    Kathi

• onederw
    12 years ago

Brava, cardwellave, brava!
    Never mind the idea of "doing well for your age." You're doing tremendous for ANY age! Much happiness in your new home, and congratulations on your very wise first steps toward making it truly your own.
    I have no how much deliberation went into your idea of painting your front door red, but there is a great deal of folk wisdom behind it. Check it out!

Kay

Here is a link that might be useful: What a red door means

• cardwellave
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's a lovely red, Behr Cinnamon Cherry. Perfect red for a door.

• Cher
    12 years ago

Very nice what you've accomplished. Looks really good.
    Cher

• roper2008
    12 years ago

Your first house at 19, very good. You've done a lot in
    one year.

• on_greenthumb
    12 years ago

Now I might have to paint my door red too!!!

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

WOW! you have really accomplished a lot. I am so proud of you and I just met you. Good, good, good for you.

Kathy

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Beautiful! You have done such a great job. Keep on going with your vision and your neighbors should be thrilled to live next to you.

• Merilia
    12 years ago

Congratulations on becoming a home owner! I'm 8 years older than you and just bought a house, too. I've got to agree--that red door looks great, and so do the stairs you put in.

The realtor's phone number in the 1st photo made me do a double take; it looked like one of those fake phone numbers they use in movies.

• cardwellave
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Omg those steps are the bane of my existence. Three contractors to get something close to what I wanted. First guy who gave estimates disappeared, second one removed the ramp and then built stairs with rickety rails and not at all how I wanted. Third guy came and repaired the rails and left the steps which weren't TOO bad. Although he put the side caps on the steps because the first guy chewed up the sides. They are a pain to clean with those caps and I am still struggling to paint them. Oh and they're not centered on the door. Oh well, next summer I hope to have the porch torn out and opened up to a regular porch. Contractors, ugh!!!

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus