Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Anyone Wanting Lupine Seeds?

phonegirl
14 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I have started saving Lupine seeds for all who'd like some. Unfortunately I didn't have time to separate the colors so they will arrive mixed from all that I have. If interested, please send a self addressed, stamped envelope to

Kerrations

327 Main Street

Ronan, MT 59864

The lupines weren't as pretty this year due to less rain but here's a few pictures. Punk

Comments (32)

• mayblooms
    14 years ago

I'd love some...will send an SASE tomorrow. Thank you for sharing! your photos are beautiful!

• natalie4b
    14 years ago

Wow! I am dreaming of growing lupins! Would love some seeds for SASBE. Sending it out tomorrow morning - THANKS!!!
    Natalie

• mangomoon
    14 years ago

I would love some! These were on my list of seeds but I never found any locally.

I will get a SASE to you tomorrow.

Marie in CA

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Evening,

I will be sending all of you some seeds soon. I still have some waiting to dry so I will try to wait a week or two until I can send more. I will keep your envelopes in a safe place till I get them filled.

If it warms up, it may happen sooner. You know we can't rush Mother Nature. haha

Punk

• User
    14 years ago

Add my name to the list. I will get my SASBE in the mail today. Thanks for sharing!

Karen

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

I would love to grow lupines, but in zone 8 I would be hallucinating to try, not dreaming.
    kay

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karen and Kay,

I will send you some seeds Karen and Kay sorry you aren't able to grow lupines. I'm hoping to get out in the gardens this weekend and harvest alot of seed. LOL Punk

• janen
    14 years ago

phonegirl - I would love to have some seeds also. I dropped my SASE in the mail this morning. Thanks so much for sharing. Janen

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

phonegirl- I generally don't end up on the exchange pages til the end of the season, so thanks for posting here. Your photos are simply GORGEOUS, despite your saying they weren't as pretty. (Are you KIDDING ME??!!!)

I have the standard purple ones, but love the pinks that you've got going there. I'll be sending you a SASE today with some bubble-wrap for the return trip. Thanks so much!

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

phonegirl I would love some of your lupine seeds. Yours are absolutely stunning! I will get my envelope in the mail today. Thanks so much!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have gotten some ready to send out and will contiue to send out as I hear from others. I hope all of you have good luck growing more next year. It is warm today and the seed pods are poping.

I would love some of your seeds if anyone has extras to share. Please let me know. I wish I had more spare time to spend here with all of you but seems with two businesses there is never enough hours in my days. You all seem so fun and I love seeing all of your beautiful yard pictures.

Punk

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Punk, you don't have anything listed on your want list. Let us know what you are looking for.

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

Absolutely! I didn't get my SASE out over the weekend, but perhaps you have wants that now I can put them in before I send the envie out to you.

• virgiebaby165
    14 years ago

I, too, would appreciate some of your offered Lupine Mixed Colors for a SASBE, which will be placed in tomorrow's mail. Thanks for your kindly offer.
    VB

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    14 years ago

I'd love some. I'm really trying to fill my garden with some New England specialities, and Barbara Cooney has made me and my children love lupines. It will so much fun for them to plant just like Miss Rumphius did!

Will get an envelope in the mail tomorrow.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maybloom, Thanks so much for sending me the larkspur and love-in-a-mist seeds before receiving yours. What a doll. I'm so excited thinking I'll have something new in my garden next year because of your kindness. By the way your little seed packets are darling. Hope you like my big sandwich bags. I usually have some snack bags but must be out so used the next best thing. haha

Nat, sorry I didn't understand the SASBE until I received another today and the light came on. DUH LOL Also why you sent 3 stamps. Sigh! Please let me know if your seeds arrive safely. If not I'll be happy to send some more.

Janen and Marie, if I'm following correctly, I sent your seeds also so hope you have good luck growing some of your own next year. You are all so nice but some made it a little clearer for me to identify them.

ProudGM, I have your seeds in the envelope and will be sending them off to you soon. There is some seeds I'd like but I'm so darn busy that I would feel bad if I didn't respond to someone when I should. So I haven't put anything on my list, however I plan to go and start right now and see how that goes. Thanks for giving me a heads up on this. Your so smart and I'll get smarter as time goes here. LOL

mmqchdygg, VB and Deanna, please send your envelopes and I'll send some your way also.

Please note that all of these seeds have a different color, look so it's hard to know what colors they will be. Maybe next year I can be more specific if need be. I wish my Neon plants would throw more seed pods but for some reason they are hard to come by. That's why I kept them separated for all of you.

Punk

• janroze
    14 years ago

Hi one, Thanks anyway, but I can't seem to grow them in my garden--have tried and tried. Yours are gorgeous.
    gramma jan

• irishdancersgram
    14 years ago

Do you still have the seeds or are they all gone? Would love to have some....Please let me know......

• natalie4b
    14 years ago

Phonegirl,
    just got the seeds from you - and I am so thrilled!!! Thank you so much!
    Can hardly wait to plant them soon.

~Natalie

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I still have seeds so please let me know by sending a SASE.
    Nat, so are you telling me that your seeds arrived OK? Thanks, Punk

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Punk, I received your seeds this weekend. Thank you so much for your generosity! I see you haven't had time to post anything to your want list. If you have a chance look at my trade page and email with a list of what you would like.
    Becky

• janen
    14 years ago

phonegirl - I received my seeds today. Thank you so very much. Can't wait to see them growing. Do you recommend planting them now, this fall, or next spring? Thanks so much. Jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jane,
    I think you could go ahead and plant them now so some and plant more next spring. The ones that I left on the plants have already popped on the ground and I never plant any seeds. I just let them come up next spring on their own. Punk

• natal
    14 years ago

Punk, I still need to mail your wildflower seeds. Is that the address to use?

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Natalie, You can send to either address. The address listed here is one of our business office and I get mail every day at this address so it will be fine.

I hope everyone else has received the seeds I sent them.

Thanks, Punk

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hi Punk,
    I would love some of your seeds if you still have some available. Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Cindy : )

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cindy,
    Send me a SASE and I'll be happy to send you some seeds. Punk

• mayblooms
    14 years ago

phonegirl,
    You are so welcome! Thank YOU for sending such a large baggie of seeds. I'm really excited to try them...and enjoy your seeds too! :)

• katmatney
    13 years ago

I was just wondering if you had anymore of those beautiful lupine seeds. I had bought a pack of tutti fruitti but the only color I seem to have is purple. Would love to to trade or send you a self addressed stamped envelope. Please let me know.
    Thanks
    Kathy

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

I found a great place selling lupine seeds for anyone looking.

Type in Lupine in the seach box and three types come up. Do not type lupines as only one tyoe comes up.

But they have 3 types of seeds. The Russel Hybrids, the Tutti Fruitti which are tall and an imprived Russel Hybrid. And the short Minerette ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: HPS SEED

• katie_erbes_syngenta_com
    12 years ago

Are you still giving out Lupine seeds? I would really like some of you are.

• trovesoftrilliums
    12 years ago

The original post is pretty old.

If you check out the seed exchange forum, sometimes people offer seeds free if you send them a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope). SO, this works best if you are getting at least 2+ varieties of seeds (or seeds you cannot buy locally), otherwise it costs you almost as much as a pack of seeds (postage there and back).

Happy gardening.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm