Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kudos to Gardener's Supply Company

Posted by aklinda 7 (lindanewland@myway.com) on
Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 0:21

Like many people who experience mobility issues as we age, I have found myself unable to do as much as I used to be able to do. A year ago I ordered a tractor scoot from Gardener's Supply - it's like a tractor seat on wheels and it has a handle you could pull it with and a basket in the back to carry a bucket or small items. It really made a difference in what I was able to do in the garden but I had some issues with the tires losing air and then two days ago the handle broke off. It was a year old and I no longer had my reciept but I was so disappointed that it broke I decided to write them a letter. I really didn't expect them to do anything but just wanted them to know about the problems that I had - maybe they could make some changes to avoid those issues in the future. To my surprise they wrote me back and are replacing the broken tractor scoot with a new updated model. They gave other options like a credit or refund but I find the tractor scoot so useful I would rather just have another one. I was very happy to recieve this level of customer service from this company. I have mobility issues and can't stand or walk for long and am glad I will be able to continue to use the tractor scoot to be able to continue working in my garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kudos to Gardener's Supply Company

I like to hear good reports like that. I have never shopped with them but your post is sending me to their web site. Thanks for sharing.

o

I've purchased many things from Gardener's Supply over the years. Been happy with all purchases. The folding wheelbarrow made from a tarp material is still my favorite tool and it is many years old now.

o

I, too, have ordered many things from them, and the quality has always been great. Latest purchase was the solar garden path lights, and I love them!

o

How nice. Haven't ordered anything in a few years but was very happy. Glad you'll still be able to get around.
Cher

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 13:33

Good for them! I also like Gardener's Supply. I just ordered a couple more sets of their curved link stakes. Love those things!

o

Just wish S/H wasn't so high with mail order now days. Not sure of Gard.Supp.'s rates as I haven't seen a catalog for awhile.

o

My favorite item from them is the plastic garden seat that has an adjustable height and can be turned to either end. Long since discontinued (the garden scoot replaced it) but they will tear it from my cold dead fingers. I use it all the time. Frequently buy from them...plant supports are a favorite.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here