Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a link please

Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 0:46

Do any of you still have the link to New York Rita's clematis grower? Lost my link with my last computer. I looked around but didn't see her posts anywhere so thought I'd just check with all of you.
I have my gardens around my yard fence, tilled, manured and mulched with but a few plants in there so far. I'm ready to begin the fun job of buying now and hope to get a few things to plant in there this fall. With almost 200 ft. of fencing I thought that I should start there and work my way out toward the sidewalks. The two beds total nearly 1000 sq. ft.! Oh boy, lots of plants needed!

MeMo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a link please

Hi Memo, would that be Silver Star Vinery? I hope we're going to get some pictures of what you've done. Nice to hear from you, it's been awhile :).

Annette

o

MeMo, I have a trick I use that helps me hold onto websites, documents, etc. that I definitely don't want to lose if my computer crashes or needs to be re-imaged. I email the info to myself. So far, have never lost any of those things I sent to myself.

Won't help with your present situation, but might in the future. :)

Cynthia

o

I think it was Silver Star Vinery. I have bought from them in the past and can vouch that you receive beautiful plants.

o

I can reccomend brushwood nursery ! Right now the selection isn't full, but you can see plants out of stock and in the spring order. They send beautifu plants and I can also vouch for their honeysuckles and roses. If you decide to do any honeysuckle , gold flame is a beauty and my Florida honeysuckle is a stunner.
Please do post pics! I love clematis .
Also have you typed nyrita into the search bar at the bottom of the page? That may help.

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 23:07

Thank you for the link! I don't have much to show at this time, just a fence a few tiny plants in a great big space and a lot of mulch, lol! How many plants will it take to fill 1000 sq. ft.? Just kidding!

Thanks for the tip, Cynthia, I hadn't thought of that.

o

Well since you will need so many ... ;)
There is also klems song sparrow nursery I believe she also reccomended.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Clem's

o

I have bought from Silver Star in OR, Brushwood in GA, and Hummingbird Farm in ME. All send well-grown, healthy plants and I would recommend any of them. One of the nice thing about looking at more than one nursery is that they have different plants available, so you have more choices.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here