Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
scenes from my garden

Posted by ianna Z5b (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 1:14

clematis  photo IMG_3476_zps3774a977.jpg">

another grouping  photo IMG_3442_zps52205196.jpg">

summer yard  photo IMG_3977_zps10e038b6.jpg">

another scene - allium christophii foreground..  photo IMG_6396_zps1c901845.jpg">

peony  photo IMG_6383_zpsf942f7fb.jpg">

another scene  photo IMG_6390_zpsaa9dcfad.jpg">

Please check out the rest in my album

Here is a link that might be useful: the cottage garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: scenes from my garden

love that clematis....name? Enjoyed the album.............couldn't figure out the teapot, then it hit me....birdhouse! :)

o

Simply beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy.

o

Wow,..i looked at your link Ianna,..it shows the blooms even better,.. wishing i had many of them as i love your colours scheme,..i know i mentioned this before but give praise where it due,..well done.

Philip

o

Thanks all. my apologies in the delay in responding. I've been away and have just returned.

I try to keep within the soft tones but I do love to mix things up every now and then. I always wanted to feel like I'm in a large meadow garden and so my yard is filled with tall airy type plants. It's quite a compact space but because I prepared the soil well, there's plenty of root space for these plants to thrive.

My town's horticultural society recently presented me with a front yard recognition sign -which means one of my neighbors honored me by nominating my yard. I do get lots of people dropping by to check things out.

Greylady - that's right. it's to encourage birds. I've also gourd birdhouses around the yard. I'm sorry I cannot name the clematis because I'd already forgotten it. I just recalled I needed white to balance out that spot. I have that Jackmanii type now blooming but I'm rather disappointed with it. There's also a pink one which unfortunately wasn't able to bloom as much because someone doing construction broke the vine... -- what you might find interesting is that I used eyehooks glued on to the brick, and wire to create the trellis which disappears amid the foliage... so the plants look like they are just climbing up by themselves.

Philip - thanks. I love your little paradise too. Lots of unusual plants I would love to incorporate here.

I will continue to upload photos into the album...

Oh my sweet peas have finally bloomed and this late in early August.

o

Hi Ianna,
hoping you had a nice break and delighted your Sweet Pea bloomed,..and so late as well,.. that was a nice surprise.

Philip

o

Phillip, The summer here has been unusually cool-- this after we suffered an ice storm this past winter. So it's strange and welcome but I did lose quite a number of other plants - including my beautiful yellow/white butterfly bush :-(

Oh well.

o

cute idea for the teapot! I just may have to try that. :)
What did you use to glue the hooks onto the house bricks....brilliant idea for an 'invisible' trellis! (Have you had any fail?)

o

Hi Ianna,
i was also wondering what did you use to glue the eyehooks?,..our hardware stores sell that "No More Nails Adhesive" but it only works on smooth surfaces,..i have a Hyacinth Bean Vine coming along and was planning to drill into a wall as a last resort.

Cute idea using the Tea Pot and with luck something might move in,..oh one flower i see you have that is in my garden is an Alpine,..Armenia maritima,'Armada Rose',..it started off as two and has multiplied to about seven,..cute little red bloom on a grassy like base,..i enjoyed browsing through your link again,..thank you.

Philip

o

I had purchased the trellis kit from Lee Valley Tools here and it carries the glue. they do mail order in case you are interested.

Phil - it's a silicon based glue - same things the one uses to glue glass together (think shower walls). You can probably get a smaller amount from an aquarium shop.. they use the same thing to make aquariums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here