Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neverenoughflowers

I can't believe it's raining!

neverenoughflowers
13 years ago

Doing the happy dance here in Downingtown PA, we are finally getting some rain!

It's been 3 weeks of very hot, dry weather but it's here. Whew, what a relief.

Carol

Comments (14)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Here, too. Finally! Lucky us, Carol. I think it is over a month of hot and dry for us. Still steamy, though.

Cynthia

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

I am so so happy!!! Things are flopping over but I don't even care. I'll go out and stake them up if I have to. Finally a good soaking rain!

~Andrea

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    13 years ago

Yes, and it's a steady, soaking rain, which we really needed. Looks like it will be over by this afternoon and then I'll go out and see what needs some TLC after that downpour we got last night.

• lisa33
    13 years ago

I know! Thank goodness. I checked and the last time we had a week with a whole inch of rain was in April. The last time we had half an inch was June 13th. It has been incredibly dry and hot this year. This has been quite a year around here.

I ran outside earlier to stake a sunflower and got drenched. Just glorious!

Lisa

• scully931
    13 years ago

Woo! We needed it here in Pittsburgh too. Been 90 since April. We went from three feet of snow to 90 degrees with barely a stop inbetween. Of course, I will never complain about hot weather, but nice to see some rain! It was like a steam bath out there.

• buddyrose
    13 years ago

The rain finally got here to Conn. Some of my newly planted pines were not doing well with the heat wave. I hope this helps. Plus the forecast has more rain during next week SOOOOO I went out today and bought two little perennials: a gorgeous double ruffle pink coneflower and a sweet orange/yellow helenium.

thank you rain dancers.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

We got some rain here last night, and lightening hit the transformer up the street. We were afraid it had zapped our vintage fridge, dryer and air conditioning but luckily they are all on the NEW circuits which are protected, and were just fussing! It was a hot and humid wait but we're back on track. After all that, we just got a 1/4" rain last night but it still was very welcome! Hopefully we'll get some more the next few days.

• MollyDog
    13 years ago

Happy for those who got rain, but we didn't get but a few drops.

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

We havn't had any rain for awhile either. Here in S.Calif we had may grey,june gloom and now we have July sigh,Has been overcast everyday since the 4th of july,with just a few sprinkles.Almost can't remember what the sun looks like.Our temps have been in the 60's and being overcast,it's a little cool,but good for working in the garden and i got a lot done this week.So i guess it's all good!!
    Kathi

• pippi21
    13 years ago

We finally got some rain yesterday morning but I doubt if it was enough to soak the top layer. Wished it would rain all night; we need it here in the DC/Md area.

• krycek1984
    13 years ago

Didn't rain all that much here in cleveland, either. Just barely enough to stop the wilting for a couple of days.

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Oh, I see you got out there and did that rain dance too. For the past two days/nights, we rec'd 1 /34-2 inches of rain. YEH! The sun is sleeping in this morning, still damp and no sun and it's 8:15 am, only 72 degrees..a lot cooler than we've had in last 6 weeks. Brr!

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

We've had a bit of rain two evenings in a row and hopefully more to come. Getting it slowly is hopefully going to help it soak in. The sky is darkening a bit, so I'm hopeful. Hopefully I can hoe enough dirt over to where I want to plant more southern peas and get those in before it rains again. They'll be planted in the one are that never seems to totally dry out.

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Send it my way, it's been really dry the last couple of weekds.

Sponsored