Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Happy Sunday Morning, Cottagers! Or should I say, Hot Sunday Morning! It has, and continues to be HOT!!!!! We are not accustomed to sustained heat like this, so it is difficult. To boot, we have brush fires in the area - they have been difficult to stop, because everything is tinder dry! We are in a Stage 2 drought. Having never heard this term before, I had to look this up: "Drought crosses the boundary from Level 1 to Level 2 if one-month precipitation falls to between 60 and 40 per cent of normal or when the three month or 18 month total precipitation is between 60 and 40 per cent of the average level. Level 2 drought, says Ontario's plan, "indicates a potentially serious problem."

Level 3 drought - the most severe - occurs when 18-month, three-month or one-month precipitation levels are less than 40 per cent of average, and a region is already in confirmed Level 2 conditions. In Level 3 drought, mandatory water restrictions can be imposed." I'll be off to water my allotment later this am.

Well, TM's question reminded me of one I had come up with a while ago, and forgotten about. Might as well stay with a theme, shall we??

Well, Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones. Almost as dry as the grass around here. 206 is the number of them in the adult body, though we are born with many more - no, they don't go away, they fuse into larger bones as we grow up. That is why infants are soooo flexible. So, here's the question - what is unique about the hyoid bone?? Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this?? I do have clues, if you need them.

Nancy.

Sponsored