Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikenl_gw

pictures of a cottage summer garden

mikenl
15 years ago

Dear gardening friends,

As promised in an earlier post I uploaded 137 new pictures of our cottage garden to my website today. If you would like to see the abundance of our little paradise, please follow the link, mentioned below. I hope you will enjoy.

Kind regards,

Mike from Holland

PS: To navigate in your own language, please click your flag below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Here you can visit the photo-archive

Comments (14)

• natalie4b
    15 years ago

Hello Mike,
    I was waiting for you to post more photos of your amazing gardens!
    They evolve every year and, thought it is hard to imagine, get even more impressive each year.
    Thank you for indulging us! Hope you can continue to post pictures, because I am sure, there are many more admireres beside me who truly enjoy taking a tour thru your creation!

~Grateful Natalie

• libbyshome
    15 years ago

You gardens are indeed "a little paradise".

Thanks once more for sharing them with us, Mike.

Libby

• DYH
    15 years ago

I always look forward to your photographic tours of your gardens!

Thanks,
    Cameron

• msscarlet
    15 years ago

WOW! A cottage garden with a real cottage! Very impressive gardens! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

• mikenl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What can I say, - I am just happy that you enjoy my garden as much as I do. Sharing something beautiful does turn the world into a better place...
    Mike

• gottagarden
    15 years ago

Such a sumptuous visual feast! You take fantastic photos, your love is flowers is visible in all the small details.

Questions:
    What is the name of that blue rose? I've never seen one that looked so truly purple.

What is photo 21? So exotic looking and unfamiliar.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed the escape to the Netherlands.

• mikenl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    The name of that truly purple rose (a climber) is 'Indigoletto'.
    Photo 21 is, if we are talking about the same picture, 'Callistemon rigidus', native to Australia and very popular here in Holland.
    Thank you for taking a closer look!
    Mike

• ankh
    15 years ago

Please tell me you have a staff! :-) Your gardens are wonderful...how many years did it take to get to such a lush, beautiful point?

• contrary_grow
    15 years ago

Your gardens are beautiful. You must have an ideal climate because even though you're in zone 8B, you seem to be able to grow everything.

Mary

• mscratch
    15 years ago

Gorgeous pictures! I would like to know what photos 49,82, and 104 are of. Thankyou.

• lynnencfan
    15 years ago

Mike - I have just spent the better part of the morning being transported to 'paradise' - your place is gorgeous and your photography even more so - thank you so much for sharing......

Lynne

• mikenl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nr 49 is a climbing lilly, 'gloriosa superba', subtropical.
    Nr 82 is a orchid, can't remember which one, but it is a beautiful one indeed.
    Nr 104 is a hypericum-species. Normally, the seedheads are black or dark, but this one gets beautiful coloured ones.

Nice to read, that my photo's help you through a dull or early morning and that you enjoy what you see. Thank you!
    Mike

• merianna
    15 years ago

Just beautiful. Your photos and garden are enchanting. Do you run your photos through a post processing program to give them such a beautiful artistic effect. They look like an impressionistic painting.

Mary

• mikenl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No, my photos are pure, without any post processing or whatsoever. I just try to catch reality in the early morning or late afternoon...
    Mike

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living