Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantmaven

Only another gardener........

plantmaven
11 years ago

would understand.

We finally got a gully washer.

I was SO excited to see the rain gush into my new rain barrel!

Comments (10)

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Boy, it really was a gully washer, wasn't it, and it came totally by surprise!

The ground is perfect for weeding today.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

I agree. I am the only teacher at my school who is thrilled at the prospect of indoor recess duw to rain!

Sure wish we would get some now! Glad you two did!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

I wish I could send you some of ours, still wet and gloomy here :(.

Annette

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Just like Annette here. Wettest, dullest June since records began in 1910. 6 inches of rain in June and only 120 hours of sunshine. Temperatures in 50s - 60s. Rhubarb loves it, though. You could camp under some of those leaves.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    11 years ago

we got another hard rain about an hour ago. But that looks like all for the next few weeks...if "they" are right.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Jeepers-even more rain in Texas than we have? I am so envious of you all! Hope you get some of our sunshine and we get some of your rain!

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

We need rain, and will hopefully get it this week. With temps in the 100's for a few days straight, I used a LOT of water. Normally I can just use my tanks and barrels, but they are long since dry!

• chickadee2_gw
    11 years ago

I stopped in my local Lowes yesterday and found they were having a great sale on some of their perennials. They were decent sized plants in good condition. I came home with scabiosa, gaillardia, 2 different varities of correopsis, 2 different varieties of cone flower and I forget what else from the sale table. They're still out in my driveway. They also had gaura, a tall purple lobelia, veronica and both silver and green leafed lavender plants and other plants I can't remember. Plus they had a nice selection of heirloom tomato plants which weren't on sale. I overheard the salesperson telling a gentlemen that the vegetable plants are sold on consignment and weren't on sale. Interesting about the consignment issue. I was at the Lowes in Warrington, PA today, but I saw the heirloom tomatoes at their store in Flemington, NJ last week. I never expected to find such a selection of heirloom plants at a Lowes.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Well hopefully those that need rain will have some shortly, the weather 'experts' here say we're heading for some sun (it's been a long time coming) and normal summer temps starting tomorrow and it's supposed to hang around for awhile, sunday is supposed to be around 84F.

Annette

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    11 years ago

I definitely understand. Our rainy season normally starts in July so I had been hoping and last night we finally got some. I think it had been 2 months since our last rain and even the xeric plants were needing water. Our temps are supposed to drop back into the 80s in a couple of days, too. I just hope that there is a lot more rain from where that storm came from.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks