Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Only another gardener........

Posted by plantmaven 8b/9a TX (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 9:43

would understand.
We finally got a gully washer.
I was SO excited to see the rain gush into my new rain barrel!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Only another gardener........

Boy, it really was a gully washer, wasn't it, and it came totally by surprise!

The ground is perfect for weeding today.

o

I agree. I am the only teacher at my school who is thrilled at the prospect of indoor recess duw to rain!

Sure wish we would get some now! Glad you two did!

o

I wish I could send you some of ours, still wet and gloomy here :(.

Annette

o

Just like Annette here. Wettest, dullest June since records began in 1910. 6 inches of rain in June and only 120 hours of sunshine. Temperatures in 50s - 60s. Rhubarb loves it, though. You could camp under some of those leaves.

o

we got another hard rain about an hour ago. But that looks like all for the next few weeks...if "they" are right.

o

Jeepers-even more rain in Texas than we have? I am so envious of you all! Hope you get some of our sunshine and we get some of your rain!

o

We need rain, and will hopefully get it this week. With temps in the 100's for a few days straight, I used a LOT of water. Normally I can just use my tanks and barrels, but they are long since dry!

o
Lowes had a selection of 2.5 qt. perennials on sale for $3.33

I stopped in my local Lowes yesterday and found they were having a great sale on some of their perennials. They were decent sized plants in good condition. I came home with scabiosa, gaillardia, 2 different varities of correopsis, 2 different varieties of cone flower and I forget what else from the sale table. They're still out in my driveway. They also had gaura, a tall purple lobelia, veronica and both silver and green leafed lavender plants and other plants I can't remember. Plus they had a nice selection of heirloom tomato plants which weren't on sale. I overheard the salesperson telling a gentlemen that the vegetable plants are sold on consignment and weren't on sale. Interesting about the consignment issue. I was at the Lowes in Warrington, PA today, but I saw the heirloom tomatoes at their store in Flemington, NJ last week. I never expected to find such a selection of heirloom plants at a Lowes.

o

Well hopefully those that need rain will have some shortly, the weather 'experts' here say we're heading for some sun (it's been a long time coming) and normal summer temps starting tomorrow and it's supposed to hang around for awhile, sunday is supposed to be around 84F.

Annette

o

I definitely understand. Our rainy season normally starts in July so I had been hoping and last night we finally got some. I think it had been 2 months since our last rain and even the xeric plants were needing water. Our temps are supposed to drop back into the 80s in a couple of days, too. I just hope that there is a lot more rain from where that storm came from.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here