Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crackingtheconcrete

Just a Few Pretty July Garden Vignettes

Salmon Star Lilies are new for me this year and I'm so happy with them, they practically have me skipping down the sidewalk.:)Snake in the Grass Boo daylily is below.

{{gwi:260252}}

Oregano "Kent Beauty" in a hanging basket. My first try with these also and I love their pendulous little flowers and the smell

Some Daylilies

Marietta Polkadot Clump and close-up

Diamonds and Pearls with Rosy Outlook and Masquerade in Color, trying to get into the pic. ("Notice MEEEE!" )

Thanks for looking. :)

CTC

Comments (15)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

I just love those Salmon Star lilies. What a great color. Reminds me of Orange pops we used to have as kids! I do love that Marietta Polkadot daylily. Such a pretty face.

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

They are beautiful! I love Marietta Polkadot (besides the fact Marietta is a hop and skip from my place)...I love the roundness of the blossoms.

• Annie
    12 years ago

Beautiful pics of your flowers!
    I love the second photo. Very Nice! What is that blue-flowering hanging plant? Lovely blue with your colorful daylilies.

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rita, those lilies are great - I was expecting them to be, but this even exceeded my expectations! :)
    girlgroupgirl, you are so So lucky!!! Next time you go, give Faye big huggies for me. :)
    sweetannie, thank you:) That is Oregano Kent Beauty. I tried it out this year because I love the way the blooms dangle. I'm really trying for more variety of textures and shapes in the garden. :)
    I love my daylilies so much!!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

That lily is gorgeous!!! Do you have the dreaded lily leaf beetle to contend with? I finally gave up on lilies up here after the beetles and chipmunks had their way with them.

Are you going to overwinter the oregano in the pot, or plant it in the ground? It grows up here so I would imagine it should overwinter in the pot.

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thyme, I have not seen the lily beetle yet, so for now, I'm okay :)
    Yep, I'm overwintering in the hayrack planter, because I'm in an apt. So there's not really a space to bring in. I love trying things and it should have good drainage, so guess we'll find out. :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

All so pretty, but that Salmon lily steals the show.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

All so pretty, CTC. Love the daylily still.
    kay

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

so beautiful - just love lilies but they don't seem to like me very much - my stella d'oros do OK and I have one patch of yellow Asiatic lilies - all other attempts have been lack luster - they grow but are not nearly as vibrant as yours - TFS .....

Lynne

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing your lovely blooms. I especially liked the orange accents on the lilies.

Just received a B & D Lilies catalog the other day filled with more lovely lilies in case someone is interested in American grown lily bulbs & didn't know about this company in WA state.

Here is a link that might be useful: lilies for sale

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lynne , mine might be more vibrant because I grow them in morning sun/afternoon shade so they don't fade as much. I love lilies because they're so easy to tuck into containers to add bursts of color without taking up a lot of space. :)
    I was also drooling over B and D lilies!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

O-O-O-my! I see you are another fan of the peach/apricot colors too! ;-) Love your lily and daylilies. Lilies are another plant I can't get to grow very well for me!

What a clever idea to put a trailing oregano in a hanging basket. Might have to try that some day with a chunk of my 'Kent Beauty'. Is yours 'Kent Beauty' or 'Amethyst Falls'?

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    CMK

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    12 years ago

CMK, thanks:) I love peaches and corals :) This Oregano is Amethyst Falls. Ill try to take a more clear picture in a few weeks. I'm trying to win a hanging basket contest by doing something unique, but the plants are new perennials, so aren't filling it up as much as I had hoped ;)

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

That sounds like fun. What is the prize? What other perennials are you growing in baskets? Do you plan on planting them in the garden this fall then?

Make sure to let us know if you win!!
    CMK

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    12 years ago

CMK, the prize is suppose to be a gift certificate from Kinsmen company and I love their stuff.
    I was trying to use different plants than what usually win, which will either make mine stand out OR won't be what the judges like. Lol oh well.
    Nope. I garden mostly in containers so these will have to overwinter. :)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES