Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

more flowers from my house to yours.

kathi_mdgd
12 years ago

Here's a look at what's bloomin'at my house.

Alice dupont mandaville:

begonia and lobelias

ferns and lacecap hydrangea

dahlia w/butterfly

lacecap hydrangea

Pink calla

I love this lily

another lily

duranta and lilies

yellow hibiscus

petunias

Sunflower

ivy geranium

tillandsia

butterfly bush and b'fly

another lily

Guess that's about it for today,don't want to hog the board.

Enjoy the view!!

Kathi

Comments (12)

• frogview00
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

The photo of the petunias is spectacular! You should have cards made! Great photos!!

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

LOVE the tillandsia!! That lacecap hydrangea is so pretty it looks good enough to eat. You have such healthy, gorgeous flowers--thanks for sharing the eye candy!

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

My favorites are the lacecups and ferns,

If I made pictures of my flowers they would all show wilting and/or brown leaves. I water unceasingly, but the
    heat in the air cooks them.

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Love the photos. What kind of butterfly is that?

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Bev, the first butterfly is a Western swallowtail and the second is a Mourning Cloak. Mourning Cloaks will land on your hands if you hold them out. My very favorite butterfly.
    Thanks for the photos, Kathi!
    Oh- I think the purple flower is a type of solanum, not a duranta.
    Renee

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Kathi, thanks for sharing your photos. I'm so surprised that daylilies and hydrangeas are blooming now for you. They're blooming here in Z5 so I guess I figured they would be long gone in Z9.

I see so many intereting views in the background of your photos. Could you share some wider views of your garden with us?

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Lovely! We have almost no butterflies this year. I assume it has to do with the drought.
    Last year I had a lot of Mourning cloak larve on my sunflowwers.

Kathy

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Everything is so pretty! I love the dahlias! Well, actually, I love them all! Thanks for sharing those amazing pics!

• maozamom NE Ohio
    12 years ago

Hog away. I love your pictures, especially the hibiscus.

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

You made my day with that shot of the hot pink lacecap Hydrangea in my favorite color. That would be a perfect screen saver!

Hubby bought me a Twist & Shout for my August birthday last summer and it's blooming, but nothing like your full bush.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

LOVELY!!! :ove the lacecap too, I just have poor luck growing hydrangea. I am envious of the size of your peaches! Mine are smaller than a golf ball...so I don't think they are going to amount to much this year, but the tree is looking good as it has no leaf curl.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks ladies,i love sharing my pictures with all of you,and as you can tell i love my flowers as well.

Thymetodig-My hydrangeas and lilies are going like gangbusters right now.They got a late start because of all the rain we had this year,it was a good rainy season though,it seemed to clean up the soil and make everything grow real well.

Renee,thanks for naming the b'fly,i would have had to go look it up,also for naming the Solanum,i don't know why i can't remember that name!! I have 2 of those now as dh broke a piece off by accident,and he just stuck it in a pot and it took root.So it's all good.

Corrine,i have lace caps in shades of pinks and purples both.My neighbor used to work in the fields and he gave me most of those in 1 gallon pots several years ago.I do have one mop hydrangea that my son gave me for mothers day when he was 13 and he's gonna be 52 in a couple of months,and it's still doing good.

Calamity,the peaches were soooooooo good this year and we beat the birds to most of them, now we are enjoying the nectarines,and they are as big as navel oranges.The yellow plums are ripening up and should be ready for eating real soon.

Kathi

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor