Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafor

recent garden pics

rafor
12 years ago

Took the camera out yesterday to get pics to remind me of when things are looking good later on down the line!!! And I pimped out my old reclaimed potting bench.

{{gwi:164966}}

{{gwi:164958}}

{{gwi:164960}}

{{gwi:164957}}

Comments (12)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Very nice, love the combinations you've chosen. Also really love the brick. I just posted a photo of my window box, before I opened your post. Mine looks rather blah compared to yours!

Potting benches are so handy aren't they? What a great way to recycle the doors.

• Cher
    12 years ago

Very nice and your potting area is great!
    Cher

• User
    12 years ago

I love the way you repurposed the doors and the old potting/work bench. I have a pile of reclaimed lumber in my carport waiting for a similar treatment. Did you make it yourself? How long is it/high? How is it put together ?

Thanks for any advice ! Beautiful garden. c

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

trailrunner: I got the old workbench free on craigslist. I got the old barn doors there also and then I just put them all together.

I did recently build a work table from lumber I had leftover from my glass house. I had to leave my old one when we moved.

{{gwi:143426}}

• User
    12 years ago

whoa nice job ! Love that shelf...very artistic. What are you going to seal it with or is it going to age naturally ? c

• oldgardener_2009
    12 years ago

Your impatiens are beautiful. Love the doors too, very creative.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

How pretty. Your impatiens are gorgeous.
    kay

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

trailrunner: I'm not going to seal it. I want it to age. I had made some other tables out of the boards from an old fence we took down at a previous house. I loved the way they looked. The cedar had aged to gray and had a little lichen on it. Left them at the other house when we moved. So this is sort of my replacement for those. Of course I'll probably have to wait 10 years for this one to look like that!

Thanks for the compliments on the impatiens. Here is what they looked like when I first planted the strawberry pot with them:

{{gwi:164965}}

Vast improvement once they filled out!!

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

trailrunner: here are some pics of the ones I left behind.

{{gwi:159900}}

{{gwi:159904}}

{{gwi:159906}}

Now I wish I had brought them with me!!!

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

Your garden makes a person want come on in and join you! Very nice and nurturing kind of place.

• User
    12 years ago

Oh my...when I think how many of those pieces of cedar fencing I let my contractor toss as I couldn't think of any way to use them....I am sick.

Your old tables are wonderful...I love the decorative touches. I am going to save the pic and when I next get someone who can nail things together I am going to get a table like yours. Thanks so much for the great pics and ideas. c

• Annie
    12 years ago

AWESOME!
    Beautiful home and gardens.
    I like "mossy" bricks, rocks, pots and wood too. ;)

The strawberry pot turned out dazzling. You have such an artistic and wonderful imagination.

The potting tables are quite handsome, and the double green doors (my fave color) are very clever and artistic!

Thank you for sharing.

~Annie

Sponsored