goldfish plant

Photobucket

another tillandsia

Photobucket

Impatients on my front porch

impatients-front porch-9-10

plumeria,hawaaiian snowbush,and allysum

plumeria 9-10

this is from 2 years ago,i planted this from seed,it's called Schizianthus,and you can only find the seed around here in the fall.I love it and need to get some more seed.

schizanthus

Blue lacecap

blue lacecap

One of my garden buddies!!

lizard,also taken by markus

Think he thinks he's a hummer!! NOT
july 2009

Shades of pink

shades of pink

Clarkia and zinnias

clarkia,zinnias

That's all for today folks,enjoy the view!!
Kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So you wanna see some more flowers

What lovely pictures! I throughly enjoyed them. That blood lily is amazing. I don't think I have ever seen one or a photo before.

I am inordinately fond of pinks and purples with a little blue so I really like your colors and that first hydrangea is to die for. Mine all turn blue.

kay

o

Kathi, a feast for the eyes, I'm so in love with your tillandsia, the bloom color against the grey sighhhhh. I've had tillandsias in the past but they never did bloom for me, one exception, spanish moss, how is yours mounted?
Schizianthus, what we call poor man's orchid is grown quite a bit in my neck of the woods, it one of my favorite plants to use in hanging baskets.

Annette

o

Annette,i also love the blooms onthe tillandsias.Most of mine are mounted on driftwood with some spagnum moss,and i have one i'm growing into a sphere by using one of those cocoa lined baskets,spagnum moss,it's almost completely around it now,and has been blooming these past few years.

Here's a picture of it.

april 2011

april2011

I also grow spanish moss,used to have it on my australian tree fern,but we had a cold winter(by our standards here in S.calif. and it killed the tree fern.Broke my heart,iloved that tree.So now my spanish moss hangs on an empty plant hanger.I like that stuff also,don't know why,i guess just the way it hangs and drapes.DH not so much,he thinks it looks like something dead!!
kathi

o

OMG, so wonderful! I am not familiar with most of your "tropical" plants, but loved every minute of looking at them. That blood lily is a knock out!
I've been thinking of trying out some clarkia and schizianthus...after seeing your pics now I NEED to try them!!

Thanks for sharing your beauties with us Kathi.
CMK

o

Nothing else to say but BEAUTIFUL!! TFS!!

o

Lovely! Keep em coming!

o

Everything is very pretty but that first lacecap is incredible! TFS Great idea to grow the tillandsia in a ball that way. I like the texture of moss too altho only grow it where it isn't supposed to like in the lawn on the north side and between the patio stones (it's not Spanish moss)! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here