Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

My Vegetable Garden and a few pics of flowers - July 14

Annie
12 years ago

I cannot seem to upload anything in my photobucket account, so hope this works.

My Facebook album:

Here is a link that might be useful: My pics posted in my Facebook album

Comments (19)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Your garden looks awesome! So cottage! It certainly worked for FB.

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks honalee,
    FB is much easier and much faster to create an album and post pics. Glad the link worked.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Like I told you before, it reminds me so much of Tasha Tudor's garden. If you are in a drought at your place, you sure can't tell it, you must have worked day and night to keep it looking so lush. Very nice. Love "Little Hen".

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Annie, that's really gorgeous and I am practically snorting laughing because I'm so tired, so as I'm musing through your pictures, I'm all dreamily "ooh, loooky!! Annie has cows"
    Ten minutes later, I discover it's a cat. Lol
    I like that hibiscus very much!

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Love your pictures - you are doing a great job in the weather you're having!

I water, but yard and garden NOT looking too good - just can't keep up with it. Air conditioning turned off this afternoon for about 30 minutes, Texas is having a hard time keeping up with it due to new EPA laws so they are doing rolling blackouts all over the state, just lasts for a little while, though... Texas is suing, don't think it will do much good.

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Very nice annie.I didn't know that texas star hibiscus came in white!! I have the red one,now that i think of it,havn't seen it open yet this year.TFS
    Kathi

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

I'd send you a few hundred tanker trucks full of rain water if I could! We are being flooded out up here! Sorry guys! :(

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Lovely garden, Annie - thank you for sharing.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Annie, you must be a magician to pull off a garden like you have with the weather you've had to deal with, I'm in awe girl.

Annette

• sprout_wi
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous - looks like a labor of love.

One question - can you tell me where you got the Salvia "Victorian Lace"? I did a search, but nothing came up. I would love to add this to my garden. Thanks-
    -Sprout (Linda)

• mandolls
    12 years ago

I love how warm and casual your gardens are. They are definitely for walking through and spending time in, not just for looking at from afar.

• User
    12 years ago

What a treat for the eyes....wish I were close enough to satisfy the rest of the senses...:) c

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

It worked really well. How healthy everything looks and so pretty....and I know you have been having miserable heat too.
    kay

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

very nice I so love the casualness of your gardens - they just pull you into them - thanks for sharing .....

Lynne

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Just wonderful Annie! Love that shot of your perennial garden with the sun decoration in the back. I think the same as Christine- never would have known you were in such a bad drought by the looks of your garden! Cute shot of your Buff scouting out bugs ;-)
    CMK

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

Beautiful Annie! I love your vegetable and whole garden. It is so lush despite the heat and the drought.

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I just uploaded some more pics to my FB album, showing the affects of the drought where I HAVEN"T watered for comparison to where I water every day.
    Use the same LINK above. They are there now.

For some reason, every time I try to post any pics here, my computer locks up. What's up with that?

Thank you all for your comments and taking the time to go take a look. It means a lot to me.

(Hugs)
    ~Annie

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Annie asked me to post the following for her.

Kathy

Re: crackingtheconcrete: You are hilarious!

Re: honalee: That tanker truck (or maybe water pipes) would be a good "green job" and infrastructure idea for the Stimulus! ;) Send it to the White House - maybe you'll make a million $$ and help all of us in the drought states! I've thought of that (seriously) many times. States share hay for livestock in other states. Why not pump the flood waters to the drought states? Just sayin'....

Re:sprout_wi: I bought them at Atwood's Farm and garden center. They were marked 50% off, They were all wilted and looked pathetic, but worth a try. I lost two plants. The other 4 are doing great. If you cannot find them, I can send you seeds this fall. Remind me via email with your mailing addie in September and I'll do it!

Tried to post a new topic earlier with pics showing the parts of my yard where I hadn't watered in contrast to where I have so you all could see. My darned puter locked up and I don't know what all, but it I am so frustrated. Will try again later I guess.

Here is one pic I uploaded to TinyPics and saved to my documents folder:

The green in the photo is way greener than it actually is in reality. So far, the established trees and native trees are hanging in there, but I don't know how. Notice the Bermuda grass in the driveway looks dead. That's how it would look in the back yard too had I not watered.
    I just couldn't do it all - poor things.

I'll try to post the others later. Too frustrated right now.
    Thanks everyone for your comments. It makes me feel that what I do isn't for nothing to know it is appreciated by someone besides me...and I feel the love.
    (Hugs)

~Annie

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Kathy!
    (BIG Hugs)